Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Let's get together!!

Several of us have been talking about getting together on different threads so I thought we should have one main thread to put all of our ideas on. BarnySue has invited us to Florida and I'll extend an invitation to Tennessee. So put all your good ideas to work!!!

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops, that would be BarbySue!! Darn these nails!!! lol

4. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    She's BarnySue to me forever more, LOLOL

6. Likes Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could come

Post Thanks / Like
    When are yawl thinking about doing this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you've done it! BarnySue, BarneySue! You've got a new nickname! Judy

10. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were talking on another thread about trying to host a REAL life get together maybe in the future. Like a Crocheters Retreat. We need idea's how to raise money so it isn't so expensive for everyone and then maybe a vote on where to have it. I wouldn't happen over night..but it can be done. The Scrap kit girls have one and I know of other hobbyist that do it..WE could do this too..What do you all think?

12. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do know a lot of hotels do block rooms..that means they rent off a block of rooms at one time at a lower rate..and also if need be..we can research air fair..also maybe those who are closer together and can drive ..do car pool. I would love to see this happen..they are usually held..on a weekend..fri , sat..and end sunday.

We could host a Stitch learning and then have a Crochet talk about patterns..we could do a pattern swap and have a crochet off ..just a few idea's that come to mind to fill the weekend.

I would love to find a hotel that offers continental breakfast so that way meal cost would be cheaper for everyone.

I am willing to help put this all together if you all are willing to help too. I know that in some places even Restaruants give discounts to groups....It all could happen with a little know how and some planning.

We could do this more than once ..say every year or two..and host them in a different city every time...just would have to take votes on where and what time of year also would be good to do .
    Last edited by me2la; 01-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you! I have a friend and I can stay at her home and I have fre tickets.... but cannot come

Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized that there also was another thread this..Landons Post about Royality..OH and the Craft booth sounds like a great idea too..and Florida sound like a great place to me..love the beaches..just not in hurricane weather..lol It would be good to have local people where we hold it..as it helps to have contacts in the place it is held to help with planing.