Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

HELP..Technical help needed!!!

Okay, so I have posted pictures of my pansy runners. I took the original pattern from online, and do not want to "steal" another person's pattern, or take undo credit for it.

HOWEVER, since I had to come up with a way to join three centers and adjust the pattern to make up a runner, do I claim the redone pattern as my own creation?

Please help!!!

Cindy

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    See that's the question....I've been told that IF you change woodworking, I believe 10% it becomes original and now something new...as for crochet I honestly don't know..I will be interested in what others have to share on this matter...thanks for asking.

4. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i too would like to know...

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that if you made changes to it, then is becomes a unique pattern. Maybe some of our more experienced hands will let us know who have worked with actually changing patterns and creating their own. Be patient and we will have some more posts hopefully.

7. Likes cindy.wright1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to google that pattern ..and I don't see it anywhere...you may have use the pansy style on yours but I believe that you created an original runner doily..you can state that you used a pansy pattern from another pattern and give credit if you like but I think that most of what we do we learn from one source or another..I am not sure with crochet patterns ..how copy rights work..but that is just my two cents worth..lol.

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am just going to claim it as my own. I am writing the pattern out and will post it on here if possible.

Thanks for the input!!

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy hon..you are not coping a whole pattern of someones work and saying it is yours..like a copy and paste deal..you did create that runner, I think it is absolutely beautiful by the way. if sort of like..I bought material for a skirt..but along the way I decide to make a dress..and sewed it from my own creation..does that mean because I got the orginal idea from a skirt design it is someone else s..nope..you created it.

12. Likes Anaisa, cindy.wright1, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it varies by who you ask. Everyone is probably going to answer differently depending on how they feel it should be. If there is a major ruling on this I haven't heard of it but I also haven't been crocheting very long! If the pattern was already free and out there for the public to enjoy without any monetary compensation I don't think it matters too much how you label it. I'm not sure how many people follow their patterns to get upset about it anyway. I'd like to think they'd enjoy people using it as a base for what they need though.

14. Likes Anaisa, cindy.wright1, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read on another site,the moderators answered by saying that it is a "variation" of a pattern and still subject to all of the copyright / infringement laws...the original pattern's owner/designer has all the rights to copy/sale .....Donna and Amy on Crochetville seem to be very knowledgeable on such matters. Perhaps someone would be willing to check what they know about it. I certainly wouldn't want anyone on here trying to be good-hearted and generous to end up on the foul side of the law since I have seen how helpful and caring everyone has been to anyone asking for help of any kind on here...bless you all,always.

16. Likes cindy.wright1, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If I posted it I would put 'revised' or a 'variation' or something and give the original person part of the credit. Really don't know but sure don't want you to get into trouble.