Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

I need help from a LEFT handed person (graph pattern)

I am right handed and re did a graph of a simple block. I am not sure that this will work this way..can you tell me if it will. I can redo some graphs for crocheting with my paint shop pro program and I am willing to help out the lefties here if it will work this way..Let me know kk.. hugs Anne

I need help from a LEFT handed person (graph pattern)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a lefty, but thank you for sharing this. We do have quite a few lefties on site...looking forward to reading their responses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm a lefty...looks good, I don't normally see the difference, I just do, but this looks good for a lefty...in my opinion anyways. Thanks and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa hon..thanks for your help..I was just wondering if it could be charted that way..and would work. My sister is left handed and crochets..now I can do some charts for her..or anyone here that needs some help..hugs girl.

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne, I think it's fine. I don't work from graphs often because I don't see left-handed ones and it's too much trouble to mirror-read them. Hmmm. Couldn't you print them and trace the diagram on the back so it would go the right way (like they do with a lightbox , for appliques in sewing)? I haven't thought this thru, I may be wrong .Anyway I could read your graph easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you probably could..what I did is I just reversed it in a program I have. (paint shop pro) and redid the numbers where they would normal be on the reverse side. I haven't ask my sister yet if she does graphs when crocheting but I had her and others like you in mind when I did this. If the graph isn't to complicated I should be able to reverse any that need to be done..so if anyone has any that they would like re worked let me know..kk. I will see if I can do it.

8. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Anne. Graphs are good for language differences, too. Think how people all over the world can use your patterns!

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was not my pattern..wish it was..lol. I took it from a book..but yes it would be great for those who speak in languages other than English or visa versa.

12. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find them more helpful than written... I never really got confused if it was for a left or right handed person...this could be in part that I came to like graphs later, once I had crochet a bit more under my belt...but your adaption to the pattern was very helpful I have to say.