Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Dress Form

I don't think I told you guys, forgive me if I did. I got a dess form at Joann's!

I'm so excited. Her name is Rosie (since I'm Joy Ann, she's the Rose, but it sounded better telling Mya to lease Rosie alone, than leave Rose alone). Anyway, it reminds me of the "Jetson's" maid! And to think, my guys were freaked out by a big doll I bought Mya. Wait til they catch this out of the corner of their eye. Ha Ha

I've already used it to check on scarves, and place embellishment on them. Can't wait to make a sweater. I got a Med. which converts to a large. (Not my size), but I figured a good size for the real people. (I have a duct tape one of me. I'm wondering if I can just make a sort of "fat suit" to put on this when I want it a plus size?

Anyone else use one? Do you make up "patterns" for your designs with it before starting crocheting? How do you use it??

Crochet with
    Joy

Joys Crochet Boutique

2. Likes Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh nice, I've been looking into one of those...don't have the room for it...but cool for you and thanks for sharing. Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    No way!!! Shut the front door!!! LOL I've always wanted my own dress form. I don't know how to sew but still want a dress form. I've been a long-time seller on eBay and have a half-body form that has a coat hangar hook at the top. I can hang it over a door to display items of clothing to sell. Is your "Rose" adjustable? Or just one size??? Just curious...

Last week, I just discovered there's a JoAnn's in my town, it's been open for a little over a year but I never knew it was there before. They have a great yarn selection. I went in last week, all yarn was 25% or more off. I bought some pretty light aqua 100% cotton yarn to make a beautiful shawl. I'll finish the shawl this evening.

Congratulations on your new family addition (Rose Jetson)!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, ladies. I got a great deal. Jo Anns had a 50% off one item - not on sale. So I used the gift card from my son, and the money my Mom gave me, so she's my Christmas Present! I'll probably be moving her around alot. I don't really want to leave her in my living room, but that's where I crochet the most, and it says to put it next to you. Otherwise I won't use it as much. I can always put it in family room or up stairs in my pink room (where I keep my yarn) if someone comes over. Right now I'm wondering if anyone can see her standing by the window from outside. They'll think I'm spying on everyone!! Tee-Hee

Oh, yes, Rosie is adjustable from Med. to large. Now if I can figure out how to give her a fat suit, she can be a plus size too. lol Actually, she's set up so I can use her for pants too. Next time I post pics, I'll use her!

6. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is so cool. Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting! You have a real model for your fittings! Thanks for sharing!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! About a year ago I posted about getting a dress form. I also got mine at Joanne's Fabrics and love it. I have since crocheted many sweaters for myself - about 7 or 8. The form is converted to exactly my size, and as I crochet my tops and sweaters I use it for fitting - it is so much easier than trying on your own body, especially when you just have a piece of the project made such as the side or back. When I am not using it, I display one of my projects on it. I keep it in my "hobby" room, which I really call my "happy" room.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always wanted one of those!! I am so excited for you!!