Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Project:Home Organization

I am so motivated! I enjoy working and playing. My work is my play! At the forefront, home organization is my work/play time.

Here's my story. I'm a lady who loooooves to shop and decorate. In all my getting, I've accumulated many things. With a busy lifestyle of shopping and enjoying my life, I've not kept a steady pace of giving away equally to balance what I buyl Therefore; I must now purge my home from top to bottom.

Here's what I've done! I cleared my kitchen counters and desk of all non-essential items and decorations. It's a minimalist look for me, yet I still have some favorite decorative pieces displayed,

Then, I proceeded to my walk-in closet! Wow! I thought I'd given many articles of clothing and shoes away, BUT; NO! So, I decided I would take my time and sort, organize, label and PURGE! Everything is coming out of my closet and I'm starting all over!

I had some storage containers/bins organized in my closet but I want TOTAL oraganization! So, I went shopping on Saturday and bought some beautiful storage containers/bins in floral(fabric-covered and cardboard square hat box style), fabric zebra stripes bins and Sterlite plastic. I also bought an over-the-door shoe organizer in zebra stripes/black, white polka dots with turquoise background. I will use it to hold something other than shoes. To hang some clothing, I bought 24 hot pink velvet hangers. As a retirement gift 3 years ago, a friend/co-worker gave me a hanging jewelry/lingerie holder which I'll now put to use .

Here's what I've accomplished:

I made a closet design for placement of my items. I have my closet 85% clear of all items.

I now have 2 containers full of scarves, 1 box of belts, 2 containers of folded sweaters, 2 hat boxes of hats, 1 bin of rolled towels, 1 bin of toiletries(lotions, soaps, body wash etc.), 1 small box of toiletries for easy access, 2 large storage containers for boots and shoes worn frequently, basket of rolled t-tops, basket of folded shorts. I still have a bit more to organize, then I'll be done!

Next, I'll finish removing the remaining clothes and arrange them by clothing type:blouses, pants, skirts, dresses, jackets and coats and place them in the closet.

Finally, I'll also add some decorative items to intermingle with the storage containers/bins 'cuz I take every opportunity to add my decorating touch to spaces in my home.

When this is done, I'll have a completely well-organized closet!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 01-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Barbara G., Colesmom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working slowly on decluttering around here. I finally got the new bedframe I needed, so I got rid of the box spring I no longer needed. A new set of wooden shelves in the basement have been turned into a pantry for extra groceries. A new plastic bin has been used to start organizing my yarn in one central area. That you have accomplished so much is remarkable and an incentive for me to get more done as time goes on. I congratulate you for being so motivated to get your home into such order.

4. Likes Barbara G., Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to you on getting your new bed frame. I really like that idea of a secondary pantry in your basement! Putting your yarn in one area is real organization. You are changing and improving your home environment too. Hooray for you! Thank you so much for your kindness; I am making real progress. It's beginning to feel like a new home. I love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    The maids came today so I'll fold some clothes & put them away, sort thru a box of items, work on my home management system, plan a meal for this week for starters and later continue organizing my closet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday's shopping trip(closet):
    -1 zebra striped storage ottoman
    -2 turquoise woven fabric bins/silver handles
    -3 zebra striped /hot pink trim boxes(graduated sizes)

-1 black/white floral bedside caddy

-2 white stack shelves for the pantry
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 01-15-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the maids coming yesterday, I had to put a stop to my decluttering/home organization. Today, I'm back to my job of decluttering/organizing my home! They worked for 6 hours( 12manpower hours). Whew!

Post Thanks / Like
    6 hours? Your house must be really big. 2 maids would fly through my place in an hour, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's purchase was storage containers for pens and other office things for my computer desk. I also cleared out and organized the grandkids art supplies. I tossed old crayons and dried markers and replaced them with the new markers I bought at the Dollarama. Before I could change my mind, I took everything to the dumpster. That is another batch of junk gone out of here. I have also decluttered my laptop. I have uninstalled unneeded programs and cleared the desktop.

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about some pictures? I love seeing how others organize their homes. Ya never know where a cute decorating idea can come from!! I really need to organize my bathroom shelving unit more efficiently.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that beautiful storage bins/boxes/containers w/labels are the key to organizing and keeping like items together. As I love to do interior decorating, I'm placing a few decorative items on the shelves that put a smile on my face! Each time I've organized some items or set aside items for donation, I feel a sense of accomplishment.