Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to do it!!

I have finally made up my mind that I'm going to buy a Kindle Fire HD! I've been wanting something like that for a long time! Do any of you have one? Do you like it? Anything I should be aware of with it?? Thanks for any input!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For a second I thought you were gonna get your hair cut, LOL How cool that you're gonna get the Fire Kindle HD, Sis! I hope you LOVE it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just and FYI. I found an app yesterday where I was able to download Kindle on my computer. (they were offering a free tunisian crochet ebook on it, and I have a Nook). Works great. Of course this is just for reading, and nothing like the "Fire" version. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that sounds nice...the only con I've heard about those thingies is that you don't actually own the download, like you would the book. But it's yours while you have the kindle; so glad for ya, let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Nook. I sync them, so that it's also on my Nook app on my computer. Then I have it both places. (Now mine is strictly the reader type). It is nice, less to carry, lighter to hold, etc. (Of course the Kindle fire is also like a computer). But I have to say, my crochet books are on my bookshelf. Same with my crochet magazines. There's something about holding it and flipping through it that isn't quite the same.

But I'm still really glad I have the Nook, and want a tablet one day too. So hey, if you've wanted it, go for it. You'll love it.

Crochet with
    Joy

Joys Crochet Boutique

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you enjoy your Kindle Fire. There's nothing like getting something your really want!
    In my case, I received the Kindle e-reader as a Christmas gift from my younger daughter a year ago. Thought I really wanted one but found I truly enjoy holding a real book in my hands. The Kindle is safely stored away until I decide that I really want to use it! I'm so glad my daughter loved me enough to get me something I really wanted at the time.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought myself a Kindle just for reading books but I can download them from home. I had to medically retire several years ago at 50, I have had to have multiple surgeries since I would run out of anything to read and there would be no one to go buy books for me or get them from the library. It has been great and there are free sites and you can "loan or borrow" from friends. Easy to put in my purse. I love reading "real" books. It is very handy to have in my case.