Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I try to help

I just wanted to let everyone know why I always try to help out others.

For years I have had friends who have helped me learn the computer along my way. But I especially had one very good friend, his name was George. George I went way back and belong to a special group of friends that I have known since I starting using the computer.

George was kind and caring..and a VERY intelligent man. He was married like my self and loved his life and family. He was a hard worker but never turned someone away that he could help. He over the years has taught me how to fix my computer from repair to doing online things. He even did his best to teach me a little html coding..(not that I know a lot of that..it give me a headache) But he did Web design and was a free lance Web Designer (creating Web sites for others) He put up with lots and lots of crazy silly questions from me and NEVER once became angry or gave up on me. Trust me when I say that I had some dozies in my day. I love George as one of my best friends..even though we had never met in real life. We spoke a few time via telephone and he never cease to amaze me with his knowledge. He even help my husband a few time learn things over the years.

Sadly George passed away last January from Colon cancer. I dearly miss him and will always keep him close to my heart. I still belong to the same group of our old friends and they are all dear to my heart. We may not live close or have ever met in real life but we are close in heart even for online friends.

If anyone has give me more inspiration on helping others and continuing to learn new things, I have to say George was my inspiration.

So if I help just one other person continue to enjoy being on the computer, I have done my job and thus honoring a great man.

Now you all know my story, and as long as I can help you all, a part of George will be with me.

Thanks for listening..and putting up with my banter..lol Love you all too..this is a great forum and Ladies..I mean it seriously when I say you all are WONDERFUL!
    Last edited by me2la; 01-14-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me like George still lives on And I am sure he would say thank you and that he loves you and is still giving you inspiration and to keep up the good work! Thank you for a very inspirational story. If there was a icon for a tear, it would be placed here

3. Likes redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Rosie, I believe he does inspire me still..he always encouraged me to try new thing and not to give up, Like many that have passed now ..they live on in my heart and are as close as my heart..forever young!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Anne-thanks for the inspiring story! George lives on in you! But I think you have always been giving of yourself! This isn't something you can learn! George just brought it out in you! You are a very valued member here and we thank George for part of that!! Great big hugs(((())))!

6. Likes rosieh20, redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a heart warming story...there are still some Georges' out there....I have met a few and they make me want to be a better person. We are all family, in a way, and what harm is there in sharing good?! Nothing, nothing at all..I try my best to do this as well; Thanks again Anne, may George's kindness live on....

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Anaisa I like to believe there are more Georges out there too..helping. I always thought too..NEVER repay kindness..pass it on. I never try to be hurtful, my momma taught me well..she told me from a early age.."what goes around comes around..so you don't want it to come back and bite you in the butt and meanness will" lol..she also said..."you can draw more flys to honey than to vinegar" guess that is true..except I would never call anyone a fly..lol

9. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing! And, thank you for helping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Anne, for all you do for us. I messed my computer up last Sat night and couldn't get go line until today. Went through 'internet withdrawal'!LOL Got a lot of crocheting done. It's miserably cold and raining here in E Tx. Good to be on here again. Thank You. P.S. You have made these posts colorful with all the pretty name tags!

12. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Lawana hon..I am so sorry to hear about your computer..I was wondering where you went to..glad you are back...ps..loved chatting with you it made my night..lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed talking with you, too. Sorry I had to hang up so quickly. Take Care.