Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Would you get your first name or all legally changed?

Hey, yawl!!

I have got to get OFF here, I have housework I really want to get out of the way but I wanted to ask this question:

Would you get your name, any part of it legally changed? If you were tormented throughout your life or just really wanted a different name for you, would you have it legally changed?

I did. I was born Alberta Irene Eason on Feb1st, 1957. As I am growing up, along comes Bill Cosby and Fat Albert. LOLOL I haven't always been overweight, but I have never liked my names even if I was named for family members. Irene was ok but I really did NOT want the Alberta. To ME, it sounded like a very old fat foreign lady.

So, on July 11, 2005, with the counsel of an attorney, I went before a Judge and got my name legally changed to what it is today, Landon Clary Eason. So co-workers helped me come up with Landon many years before and Clary is a family name on my Father's side, many generations back.

I was amazed at the power that pink piece of paper had! I went straight to the DMV and got my new license. I had to send away to get my birth certificate amended. All my insurance, my doctors, everybody had to see that pink piece of paper I carry with me everywhere I go.

I had a lot of fun with it because I could tell that people were wondering why I got it changed. One of my docs kept saying over and over he had never met anyone who got their full name changed, only their last names. So, I whispered to him after a dramatic pause that I was in Witness Protection, LOLOL He shot me a look and I couldn't keep a straight face, LOL As I was leaving, he said he wouldn't tell Tony he had seen me, LOL

So, would you do it? If you could, would you do it?

2. Likes GrammaJoe, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    my real full name is Cheryl Anne..and even though I never legally changed it..I have always gone by Anne or Annie. I was always called Cheryl in school and at work..and with that said..I confused a lot of people that way..lol

to answer you question..If I hated my name that bad or was harassed because of it..YES I would definitely change it. So Sorry MOMMA but I would .

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really good question; People who "make it" in show business do this a lot. I've heard of people using their middle name as their original name.
    So what would be the difference? Um, was it a lot 'work' to change? Does one have to show all the paperwork of original name, and an essay of why you want to change it? Let me add, congrats to you; I believe it takes emotional courage to do this, as the original name melts away w/ it's baggage, the new name become who you've always been, a strong and wonderful lady and friend.

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Landon - interesting! At this point in my life, I would not have my full name changed. But, in your situation, it sheds a different light and I would say that maybe I would! Thanks for sharing with us!

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, thank you so much!! That is such a sweet thing for you to say to me!! I agree on the courage part, I believe that for me, without all the psychotherapy and distancing myself from my family, I never would have changed it. I am so grateful that I got to the right space for me to change it. I just love my name and I have so much fun with it. People expect me to be a guy and I get some of the funniest mailers, LOL

Barbara, thank you so much, I think it is pretty interesting myself!! I think your name is very pretty!! My story does shed a different light, doesn't it? Food for thought for someone maybe?

XOXOXOXOX

Post Thanks / Like
    You are most welcome, it's the truth. It does make for an excellent conversation piece...

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does. I get all sorts of comments and questions when I bring it up. Is Landon a family name, oh, I thought you would be a man, LOL Sometimes when I am sick and it affects my voice I have been mistaken for a man over the phone and almost one time in person. One of my doctors had some kind of new demographics or something and I had to sign some new paperwork when I went in for my appointment. The receptionist was new and she handed me the paperwork to sign and asked me to read over it and make sure everything was correct. Well, LOL she had me down as a male. So, I handed it back to her and said something to the effect of, well, this is a first for me, I get all sorts of mail addressed to Mr. Landon Eason but you're the first person to take me as a man in person. LOL She didn't think it was funny but the 2 other girls who worked there did, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand people who look at you like you have two heads when you are making a lol....I love what you said to your doctor! Once, I was about to ask if someone in a limo had any grey pupon and boy did the girls I was with have a fit! They were all, how embarassing... I thought it was funny.

13. Likes Landon, sully004 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It takes a very strong person to do what you did Landon, I give you alot of credit. As to would I change my full name, I don't think I could. I did change my middle and last names when I got married and that in itself created a lot of paperwork.
    Of course the fact that I was moving as well may have had something to do with it.

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always hated Mary Jane! I grew up in the 60's when "weed"was refered to as Mary Jane!! And the Mary Jane shoes were very popular!! But I could never figure out what to change it to!! My family calls me Janie, and as a nurse I was always known as MJ! I use the Maryjane on computer related things!!
    Sis, I would have never had the courage to legally change my name! But in your circumstances, I think it was the best thing you could do!

17. Likes Landon liked this post