Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Having Another Problem with slouch hat

My problem is rows14 and 15 it says:
    rnd 14: ch 3. [3 dc. dc2tog] rep around. sl st to join. (64)
    rnd 15: ch 2 (counts as 1 sc now and throughout). 1 sc. sc2tog. [2 sc. sc2tog] rep around. sl st to join. (48)
    All the rows so far have been DC but in row 15 it says 1 sc in next stitch sc2 together, when there is no sc to sc together,. usually in sc2tog you are decreasing, does she mean for you to make 2 sc in same stitch which would be increasing..
    I hope this makes since, this pattern is poorly written, she has other patterns for sale I would love to buy but if they are written this poorly I sure won't buy a pattern from her.. in another hat I made of this pattern I wasn't reading right an DC instead of sc

Post Thanks / Like
    Be patient, I am not a hat person...someone will be along to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you will be decreasing. Row 14 ended with 64 stitches and you are to have 48 at the end of row 15. Chain 2, 1 sc, scdcr.,(2sc and 1sc decr.) repeat brackets across.
    Last edited by GrammaJoe; 01-13-2013 at 10:52 AM.

4. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face new to helping, but...

I suspect they mean use a SC to crochet 2 stitches together, NOT that you are crocheting 2 SCs together.

6. Likes rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH, Brother now why couldn't I figure that out, it makes since when you said it.. I just couldn't figure out how you would crochet 2 DC together with a SC..
    Do I feel like an idiot!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No don't feel bad. It was written a little "different" too. And sometimes it takes stepping back and having someone else read it. I was thrilled to be able to help a little bit.

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    She has some really cute patterns but I can't buy any if they are that tough for me to figure out.. It doesn't help that I have had 3 strokes and this is good therapy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you would like to try another pattern from this designer. Why not try another if you want too. Someone here can always help you read the pattern. Sometimes the designer is also available if you get stuck. But if so she would probably tell you that when you purchase. I like it when you have number of stitch count noted for each row. That way if we have a problem, ya have a better chance to figure it out.

12. Likes MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just might buy some of her patterns, I always hate to ask for help I feel like i am bothering people.

14. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We are all happy to talk about crochet in whatever way comes up. Lots here to help! Go for it!