Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to the Library today

And couldn't believe that it took so long to have that "tada" moment! As much as I am in the library, why haven't I thought of using it as a resource for crochet? Duh!! Wonderful older patterns. Took one out today on Granny squares and it had some beautiful ones that I haven't seen around and they are free!! Be sure to check out your library for that special look that you may be looking for!! Have fun!!

2. Likes GrammaJoe, Carolyn1953, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is so true. I have checked out crochet books from the library. I just wish they also had newer books as well. I am sure they may have a hard time keeping them in circulation. It always seems the good books disappear. Ours does have some of the older books, though that offers some ideas!

4. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Barbara, and lets not forget that what is in our library doesn't mean that somewhere within our library system that they don't have it somewhere elsewhere. I know that I can do a search thru our system and be able to bring in books from several other libraries within the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rosieh20 View Post
    And couldn't believe that it took so long to have that "tada" moment! As much as I am in the library, why haven't I thought of using it as a resource for crochet? Duh!! Wonderful older patterns. Took one out today on Granny squares and it had some beautiful ones that I haven't seen around and they are free!! Be sure to check out your library for that special look that you may be looking for!! Have fun!!
    I have so many older books and I love to looks thru them! They have some really unique afghan patterns and No way will I ever have time to make all of the ones I like!

7. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go the the library all the time..there is nothing like holding a book and reading. I have checked out years ago books on crafting and crocheting but never really used them after I took them out..sorry to say. They went back unused..don't' know why "thinking it was probably my busier days with kids and stuff and just didn't get around to doing what I want to do. NOW thought..you have reminded me..and I think I will be going to our local library here to check what they have...only one thing..I just moved back to this area..and NOW I have to get a NEW library card..lol..not a problem..just kidding on that..lol. I will be looking forward to it..maybe I will figure out how to copy some patterns and post them up..who know..lol..hugs Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the library, don't get to go as often as I would like to. Try looking online for new books, check with your local reference desk and if they don't have it at your library, ask if you can get it on interlibrary loan. Also request that they get more new books on crochet. My library has 5 shelves of knitting and a little over one of crochet! Shame on them! If you can't get out, some libraries have a service to either take books to people or mail them. Might as well take advantage of the services out there! Can you tell I wanted to be a librarian? Caro

10. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so going to the library this week..with the new trick I learned I can save some patterns to pdf files too..I have a scanner..ohhhhh my the possibilities..I just need time to crochet now and it will be a perfect world..lol

we are part of a library system here..that there are several connected libraries and if you know what you want and the local one don't have it..they will find it for you at another library and you may have to wait a bit..but they will notify you when it is in and you can pick it up. I have done that several times with books I wanted to read..

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to scan a page myself yesterday and didn't work so swell because of the bulk. Will try again today but will try putting a towel over it to keep it dark. Yesterday I typed (small pattern) out a pattern but rather not! But then again there is the ole camera and downloading them trick also.
    me2la...Can we post them? Legally I mean, with the copyrights and all? I suppose we can if we say where we got the pattern from? And don't sell the pattern??

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure about the copy rights..didn't think of that..yikes. Probably not a good idea to post them..but I think if we save them from the pattern ..for our personal use that would be fine.

14. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or I would think that if we shared it with a friend and not to the public domain it would be okay. Is is that too borderline? Oh by the way,,Good Morning me2la!!