Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you do?

I crocheted a ton of hats for someone and sold them to her at wholesale price to resell them at her craft shows. She has a lot of them left over and now wants me to buy them back from her. I don't know about you but that insults me. I feel that she gave me the impression that she was out of stock on hats so I busted my butt before Christmas making them,when she was actually just stock piling them.I feel that I did all that work for nothing, when I could have been doing my own things instead. I think that if they did not sell that's her problem how she gets rid of them. I made them, got paid for them so it's not my problem anymore. It would be a bad move to buy them back from her, because everyone would want to sell it back to me that I wholesaled too. Do you agree with my thinking? For those of you that sell wholesale are your sales final? What would you do?
    You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.- Mark Twain

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with you, and that would hurt my feelings a bit as well, it is not your fault that not all sold. I wouldn't sell to her again. But I would thank her all the same for her business, because you did make some people happy with the things/ items they bought.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should refuse to take them back! As far as I'm concerned, the hats are now her's!! I sell things wholesale to a local winery; I know he had some left over this year-but he didn't ask me to take them back! Stick to your guns!!! You probably wouldn't be able to sell to her again! But, why would you want too??!!!

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and by the way I love your name

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not warehouse who buys pieces to resell them. You crocheted these custom for her, right? End of story to me. I hope this helps you. I would be polite about it, but I wouldn't buy them back from her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is insulting. I personally don't know why she would think that you would by them back...I agree w/ Landon, I would talk business polite to her; but also try and find out where she got the idea that you would buy them back...it would be interesting in knowing what made her think this crazy reasoning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I think you should refuse to take them back! As far as I'm concerned, the hats are now her's!! I sell things wholesale to a local winery; I know he had some left over this year-but he didn't ask me to take them back! Stick to your guns!!! You probably wouldn't be able to sell to her again! But, why would you want too??!!!
    It was just a soft offer so I chose to ignore it. She told me she was getting out of vending because she had little kids and wanted to go back to work full time. Then tonight I see her facebook post that she is vending at the local food and wine show this weekend selling jams and things. She could have told me she was getting out of it well before Christmas before I made a huge purchase of yarn. Not really a problem since I have 3 online store to make hats and sell on.Grrrrr!!!Liar,liar pants on fire!! oh you're not vending anymore? than what the are you doing at the wine show selling jams and sauces. No I am definitely not buying my hats back to support your new vending endeavor.There, whew, I vented, feel better. YOu're right. I made them got my money for it-tough for her. it is a business and can't let people take advantage of me. Gotta stick to my guns.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 01-12-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: wording
    You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.- Mark Twain

11. Likes Anaisa, nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on..I agree totally with everyone else..she order them..and now don't want to put in the effort to sell them..NO way would I take them back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, were do people get off that your hard work isn't important?! So she is trying something 'else' that maybe works better for her but you have to be stuck w/ the bill...I would tell her, if you don't want them that bad, I will 'take' them back...I (you) worked hard in making them but I don't want them to sit in a box, GIVE them back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't take them back ! They are her problem now. Don't sell to her again and don't feel bad about not taking them back. PS I sounded harsh in my reply and shoulsn't have. Be nice and kind to her. You don't want to make an enemy. Her 'word of mouth' can hurt your reputation as a business person.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 01-12-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added more