Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to apologize

I am so sorry I havent posted the catnip mouse and basset hound purse patterns. I took in a foster dogand she was pregnant, she has been keeping me very busy. She had the pups last night and today, unfortunately no survivors. Any way, now I can work on getting her back in good shape and then she will be spayed and a furever home found for her. Tomorrow I promise I will set aside time to post the patterns and fing the wolf hat pattern as well. So sorry for the delay.

2. Likes Carolyn1953 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How sad for everyone. I hope momma dog is doing okay. Who do you rescue with? I have been involved with rescue for the past 10+ years, first with boxer rescue and then general rescue including fostering pet rats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honey, there is no need for an apology. Life happened. We move forward. That is so loving of you to take in fosters, you go, girl!!

5. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are just sorry we haven't heard from you in a bit....sorry that the puppies didn't survive....thank you for being a foster for pets...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJsmama View Post
    I am so sorry I havent posted the catnip mouse and basset hound purse patterns. I took in a foster dogand she was pregnant, she has been keeping me very busy. She had the pups last night and today, unfortunately no survivors. Any way, now I can work on getting her back in good shape and then she will be spayed and a furever home found for her. Tomorrow I promise I will set aside time to post the patterns and fing the wolf hat pattern as well. So sorry for the delay.
    awwwww poor babies.

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of my rescue is done by word of mouth. Sometimes I get home to find a box or a cage outside my door. One day I came home and there was a small white box waiting for me. I wasnt really sure I wanted to open it, but what else could I do? I had to open it and inside, found - are you ready for this? - a scorpion! This new foster Iheard about throughthe grapevine and since I have had a lot of experience as a midwife for animals, I took her in. I dont know anything about her background, I didnt ask many questions, but I have a feeling she may be a puppy mill reject. She seems to be doing fine so far although I am watching closely for any signs of infection. She is eating well which is good, she needs to put on some weight, and she is interacting with my kids nicely. The puppies were full term as far as I could tell, but very small. I would rather have them stillborn than to lose them later, less heartache. I'm sure Mama will do fine with some good food and TLC.

All that being said, once animal care and housework are out of the way, I will be posting the patterns. I hope I can decifer the basset hound purse notes I made - my own version of crochet shorthand!

9. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the scorpion? Girl, if I had opened up a small box and there was a scorpion inside you would have heard me screaming all the way to your house!!

I am glad the little Mama is in your loving and capable hands!

11. Likes Carolyn1953, MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you are back- we missed you! Sorry about the puppies but I'm sure they are much better off now! What us animal lovers will do for an animal in need! Thank you for what you did!!

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No apologies necessary. Sorry about the puppies. Poor Dog. Glad you are back. All our cats are rescues. Judy

15. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry about the puppies but I am glad mama is getting proper care. I am an animal lover myself and have two cats. My Jenni came from one of the local animal rescue places and Oliver came to visit one day and stayed. Once things settle down, you can get back to posting the patterns and maybe some pictures.