Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

a very sad day at the Tigg house

Hello Everyone

I don't know where to start. My mother passed away today, she was 83 yrs old would have turned 84 on the 23 of this month. For 83 yrs she was generally healthy, she out lived all her brothers and sisters. She didn't smoke (unlike me) and drank once in a while and it was only a beer or two...she went to the hospital in October for dehydration, she wasn't eating much. But we figured it was because the holidays were coming up and every yr at Christmas she gets depressed, she lost her oldest son (my brother) in 2000, so it wasn't something new to us.....in November she was ,very weak, dehydrated. To our surprise she was bleeding internally. The nurse practicnor said it could be stomach cancer and she was in critical condition..I won't get into what I seen when I went into her room in the ICU, when I heard her screaming for my sister. But I can say I was not a happy daughter.

The next morning she went into surgery and they found an ulcer that some how closed it self up ( a pin hole is what the doc said).....still in critical condition but we had hope or at least some of us did...( I have 7 living brothers and sisters) I fought my second oldest brother tooth and nail, he was ready to plan our mothers funeral...I said not on your life, not while mom is down that hall way fighting for her life are you going to sit there having her dead and wanting to bury her......to my delight I was right (or so I thought) when mom started showing signs of recovery the hospital sent her to a rehab center...WHY? For the life of me I can not figure that out....they had her in PT, OT and any other T you can think of....she kept telling us, I want to go home.....my response to her was...Mom you have to do all that T work to get stronger and better. And she did to the best of her ability but would be so tired afterwards.

Once the medicare ran out the social worker said they would like to keep her another two weeks but they did not accept medicaid. My sister came out of pocket for 10 days .....when my sister said enough was enough she was taking mom home...she was told that the T work showed no improvement for mom, and they would send her home on Hospice for comfort care. ...Mom was released on the third of Jan, this past Saturday my sister called to say mom was not doing well....on Sunday my family packed up and went out to see mom, when we got there my neice had her up out of bed and in the wheel chair......I was so shocked to see her in the condition she was in, at Christmas time she was so happy opening up presents, holding my twin grandchildren......we snapped so many pictures and I am so happy that we did.....I left on Monday and planned to go back to see her today when my daughter called to tell me mom had passed.

My boyfriend and nephew rushed me out of the house to the car and did not stop but once for gas......My daughter met me outside and just grabbed hold of me and would not let go, when she finally did, I walked into a housefull of family and friends, and there laid mom on her hospital bed in the living room where I said it should be so she wouldn't be alone in the bedroom. When I seen her lying there I busted down crying and tried to hold her..the look on my mom's face was of peace.....it took over an hour or so for the funeral home to come and pick my mom up.

I am so proud of my neice who helped the hospice nurse clean her grandma and dress her. She like my sister works in a nursing home, she said if she can do it for a stranger she can darn well do it for her grandma......My daughter and sister took care of her the past couple of days, giving her, her meds, taking her O2 (measuring her oxygen) I am so proud of my family that stood up to the plate.....my mom is my rock, she was the krazy glue that kept this disfunctional family together......

I thought I would feel somewhat better by typing all this.....but I don't.....I just want to sit here and cry, but Joey said I cried enough today and our row boat has a leak.....

Thank you for letting me cry...

Tigg
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 01-10-2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: separated into paragraphs for easy reading

2. Likes Carolyn1953, Kathy B., Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish my arms were longer to give u a hug, I lost my dad a few years ago but it still hurts. But know this she is in heaven now and out of pain. (((((((Tigg))))) that is hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Huge Hug to you Tigg. It is always sooo hard on the heart to lose a close family member. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

5. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    so very sorry to hear of your lose you and your family are in are prayers.
    live every day like its your last.

7. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through this dark time of your life. I know from experience that nothing but time will help. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lawana

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto what all have said to you before me. Oh, honey, I wish we were all closer to one another. I am so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my prayers. Honey, please, do what you can to take care of you. XOXOX

11. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you mother. I lost my father 4 1/2 yrs. ago and it is still very difficult at times. Even though they are getting older and can't live forever you still are never prepared for it when it happens. My father went quickly also, good for him but a shock for us. I try to tell myself how much better off he is not suffering, but that doesn't take my pain away. Remembering times with him and talking about him from time to time helps a lot though. God be with you and get you through this sadness.

Judi G

13. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Tigg. Come here and talk when you can.

15. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry tigg. Hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your Mother! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family! And sending bigs hugs to you Tigg!