Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Wink hello everyone

Has anyone done plarn items, I found somethings on youtube. I seen a rug for the door step, for the dirty shoes to set on, I might make one. I also saw a braided oval one that looked really nice and big. Reminded me of the one in my grandparents living room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you here on site with us! It seems that we may have a few members who have done plarning. Enjoy your time here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Heard of it but haven't done any.....best wishes coming you way...happy cro...um plarning....

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done it yet. Isn't that where you use plastic bags and make bags and rugs from them? I'm not educated enough about it to really know what it is. I would love to know more as I would love to try it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to do it and I've been saving plastic colored bags. The problem is cutting the bags into strips and that is my hold up. I hate doing things over and over so if someone wants to cut them up and wind them into a ball I'll be glad to crochet something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbra thanks for the welcome again, glad yourdoing better. There are lots of info on it, and different ways of cutting the bags. I found one way that doesn't have as many knots tying one strip to another, meaning making longer strips. the more colors of bags the better I think. I have no favorite color. lol in school I was the one that had the littlest crayons cause I used them all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy! Welcome aboard! I have crocheted several items with plarn. Preparing the bags is time consuming, but my Grand Kids help. The youngest flattens the bags and the older one does the cutting and looping together for me. A neighbor saves me her dry cleaning bags. I have made several bath mats out of them. The clear turns out kinda opalescent! Another idea I came up with is using plastic strapping. I'm not sure what it really called, but the wholesale fabric store uses it to hold large bolts of fabric together. It comes on a roll, is clear, and about an inch wide. The plarns mats I have made work really well in the dogs kennels. I slip them in a pillow case. They stay warm and padded. When it is time to clean, everything is washable! I just use the water hose on the plarn mats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Tenarah hon now I want to know more about this..it sounds way cool ..I always have tons and tons of bags. My mom used to braid rugs years ago and I helped a little..but it was a lot of work ..but this sound way better..and having something that is on hand ..most of the time..sounds great to me..now I am going to google info on this ..thank for sharing and btw..I will be adding you to messenger..I didn't forget ..just got busy with family today..I pm'd you kk.

10. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok..I just found a bag from bags I want to do..pinned it for later use..but it is sooooo cool

another knitting blog: Grocery Bag Purse

12. Likes Trenarah liked this post