Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm a newbie and thought I would introduce myself. I live in Florida, and
    although I am a Senior Citizen I am new at crocheting. I am left handed and
    could never find someone to teach me. Finally someone told me to watch them in a mirror. I can do basic's but that's about all.
    My first love in life is the Lord Jesus. I've been married for 35 years and home
    most of the time.
    I look forward to meeting you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy! Glad you here! I am a new member too! We are going to have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome! We are glad to have you here! Thanks for joining! We do have some lefties here on site! Enjoy your time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...I'm a south paw as well, wasn't able to have someone really teach me so I just stuck with it...hope you will do the same. Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, welcome! I am left handed and have been crocheting for 37 years. I learned by watching my mother in a mirror too! It took a bit of time, but I was a stubborn 12 year old kid and wouldn't give up. ANY questions you have you can feel free to ask me. I've crocheted hats, afghans, scarves, sweaters, toys-thread work though. Welcome. I love the Lord too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Lefyhere and Welcome!!

I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting too!
    I am delighted that you've joined us here!
    Do you have any pictures of your work?
    We love Pictures around here!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello my fellow "Lefty", my grandmother told me that I'd never learn to crochet because I was left handed. Well that was about 45 years ago. I've finally learned to crochet an like you I only do the basics. My dream was to make a beautiful table cloth, I even paid a lady at the yarn shop to teach me. Oh, how I missed that $35. she charged !! Finally she said to just find a baby blanket pattern that I liked ........then change the thread, the needle, an the size an I would be on my way to making a table cloth. you see the problem with me is that I can't seem to make all those little squares an then put them all together correctly. The baby blanket trick worked, it was all made in one basic, continues stitch. I've made about 6 table clothes!! (20 baby blankets an more) So find yourself a pretty simple pattern for a blanket an go for it. Oh by the way start trying to make a place mat first :-)
    I've reached the golden, glorious, age of 65 so all projects are being done in slow mode but I love to crochet. My husband an I took a vacation to FL. last month an stayed with our friends at Marco Island. It was a fancy place but it was nothing like the mountains of East TN. right now it's cold, we need some of your sunshine. Have a wonderful day. (your the first person that I've written to so I hope I haven't rambled on too much)