Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

When did this happen?

OK, I was doing some internet surfing, which I obviously haven't done in a while, for a request and all the vintage items I used to see posted for free are now for sale on Etsy? When did this happen? I mean it's vintage....grr If you find it hold on to it cuz apparently everyone is snatching these up and selling the patterns...I just wanted to help out and now I am kicking myself for not putting them in my favourits cuz they are gone gone gone...but happy crocheting anyways....

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying that someone has decided to own work that is not theirs? How can they do that? Some people will do anything for a dime. UGH!!

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is why I don't go to Itsy's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully there are still some vintage sites that offer free patterns. Thanks for letting us know.

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    try here hon
    Breton Beauty Hat No. 778 | Free Crochet Patterns

here too

Crochet Shawl Pattern, Crochet Cape, Free Vintage Crochet Pattern

I use google and use images for free vintage patterns..if you click on the image..it will open up to another page..on the side it has website for image..works well to see the things you are looking for, I hate searching sites and not find the things I want.

9. Likes Judi Gums, Landon, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I searched w/ images and went to the sites that way and most of the vintage stuff I found which was free before, not so much; but thanks I will check out those sites....

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are you lookin for? My family tells me i print everything! KINDA!I tell them some places will send you a free pattern and the next week or more it is for sale. The gumdrop hat is on atleast 3 different sites same pattern different people 1 has 1 or 2 little differences but not for sale. I like the one landon had better explanations. I agree wiyh you anaisa

13. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen purplekitty.com? They have some vintage patterns.

Hope this will help. I don't go on etsy much myself.

Judi G

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the kitty site...I was looking at this kinda gown....it's a sixties wedding dress I guess and it just got me looking at stuff that I was like, wait, I've seen that, and that and definitely saw that one and now they want to sell them....just wondering if anyone else noticed.

17. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen some sites that are now selling vintage patterns "try" to justify it because they've scanned the pattern, and post it to their website. Now, I don't know h0w much it costs to put something on someone's website, but I scan a lot of documents at work, and if I can do it...anyone can do it..lol. Heck I now have software that will turn a scanned adobe file (.pdf) into a word or excel document -- not always well, but they can be edited. I can understand wanting to get paid for their work, but some of it seems just a tad greedy. That is, however, just my take on it.

19. Likes AuntyD, Landon liked this post