Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! I am FINALLY working on this hat, LOL

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Ok, I'm a little slow on the uptake but I get there eventually, LOL [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=royalblue]Slouchy Gumdrop( still looking for the gumdrops)[/COLOR]

● Size J crochet hook
    ● Yarn needle
    ● “Chunky Yarn” in 1 or 2 colors
    I recommend [URL="http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=shetlandchunky&SPP=999"]Paton’s Shetland Chunky[/URL] & [URL="http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=softeechunky&SPP=999"]Bernat Softee Chunky[/URL]. Any yarn that is just a bit thicker than worsted weight will work. You’ll need approximately 220 yards. I used a ball and a half of [URL="http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=shetlandchunky&SPP=999"]Shetland Chunky[/URL] for each of these hats.
    [B][U]ABBREVIATIONS[/U][/B]
    ch – chain
    sc – single crochet
    dc – double crochet
    ea – each
    st – stitch
    rep – repeat
    rnd – round
    sc2tog – 2 single crochets together (decrease)
    dc2tog – 2 double crochets together (decrease)
    sl st – slip stitch
    FO – finish/fasten off
    CA – Color A
    CB – Color B
    [IMG]http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hat2.jpg[/IMG]
    [B][U]INSTRUCTIONS[/U][/B]
    This hat is crocheted in rounds. Join where the pattern says to at the end of each round. Ignore color changes if you’re making a solid colored hat. Don’t forget to check your gauge. :)
    [B]
    Gauge: [/B]At the end of rnd 3, laying flat = 4 1/2 inches in diameter.
    If you have any questions about this pattern, specifically rounds 3-5, please check out this post on [URL="http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=3481"]how to read crochet patterns[/URL], where I explain those rounds.
    [B][U]PATTERN[/U][/B]
    [B]rnd 1:[/B] With CA, ch 4 (3 count as 1 dc). 15 dc in 4th ch from hook. sl st to join. (16)
    *work in [U]back loops only[/U] from here on*
    [B]rnd 2: [/B]ch 3 (counts as 1 dc now and throughout). 1 dc in same st as ch. 2 dc in ea st. sl st to join. (32)
    [B]rnd 3: [/B]ch 3. [1 dc. 2 dc in next st.] rep around. sl st to join. (48)
    *stop to check gauge*
    [B]rnd 4: [/B]ch 3. [2 dc. 2 dc in next st.] rep around. sl st to join. (64) *[URL="http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=3481#rnd4"]need help?[/URL]
    [B]rnd 5: [/B]ch 3. [3 dc. 2 dc in next st.] rep around. sl st to join. (80)
    [B]rnds 6-13 (8 rnds): [/B]ch 3. 1 dc in ea st. sl st to join. (80)
    *switch to CB after [U]rnd 10[/U] if you’re making a two color hat*
    [B]rnd 14: [/B]ch 3. [3 dc. dc2tog] rep around. sl st to join. (64)
    [B]rnd 15: [/B]ch 2 (counts as 1 sc now and throughout). 1 sc. sc2tog. [2 sc. sc2tog] rep around. sl st to join. (48)
    [B]rnds 16-17 (2 rnds): [/B]ch 2. 1 sc in ea. sl st to join. (48)
    FO

2. Likes jennlee, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I love it..and I noticed something..I did a similar slouchy hat for my hubby..yours decrease on you pattern..his didn't and let me tell you ..it stretched so big now he can't wear it..I am going to re do one using your directions and a few more middle row with a decrease on the end..thanks Landon..I do love that hat..I am also going to make me one using your exact pattern..pink and white..I will post it with the results..

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what you said, except for the part where your hubby's hat stretched out and can now be used as a sofa cover and your colours of pink and white and we'll see a pic.

I am making mine Red, that true blue red that actually looks better on Faye than on me but I am doing it cos that gets Faye worked up, LOL

6. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe, Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    rothflmao..lol seriously..lol. I know I babble and make everyone confused...lol. YOU got the drift of it..lol..I will post a picture up when I get to do this..right now I am going off here for a while..I have house work to do..(yeah I know..but I actual want to do it today) making a little nook for me and my stash'

8. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL; hats that convert to slip covers LOVE IT!

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we want that pattern, LOL ya know, so we can change around the looks of our sofas, LOL

12. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes after wearing the hat for a bit one can use it on the sofa...wash it dry it and start all over again......I want that pattern....lol

14. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made one in a greenish color but now I want one in cream so I can wear it with more things. ...and maybe a blue one and a purple one...and.... you get the idea. LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

16. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it supposed to ruffle? Mine is ruffling not a ton but enough to be noticeable. I am on row 5 I think. The pattern increases to a point then it decreases, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Landon, you are doing good!! Thanks for making me a red hat! I'll be waiting on the postal person to deliver it. lol

19. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post