Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Want an Etsy Store Critique?

If you have an Etsy store and want help getting more views/sales post your link here and I will do my best to help.

Its often easier for people to understand what I am talking about if they see me use an Etsy shop as an example.

I cannot guarantee that you will get more sales but all of the people I have helped have said they saw an increase in views within hours. Now once you get more views you have to have what people want to buy and have really good pictures.

Kay

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would but my shop isn't completely set up yet. I would love to read your ebook on selling through on Etsy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! I don't have an Etsy shop but hope that you will gain some partnerships. Also, if you would like to post tips here in the forums - you are more than welcome to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon

Just shoot me an email to kayscrochetpatterns@gmail.com and I will email you the e-book on Etsy store seo. I have been helping another member here and we decided I should write another book on just selling on Etsy. The SEO book is more how to get your listings seen on Etsy, websites and blogs.

I was lucky that I worked for Yahoo and other websites for years writing internet content and they taught me how to use SEO to get content picked up in search engines etc.

Here is one of my tips.

Etsy Store Announcements:

Many people do not realize that the first 2 sentences of your Etsy store announcement are your meta tags for search engines. So your first two sentences need to be full of your best keywords. For example here is a bad store announcement:

Welcome to my Etsy store where I love to make crafts. I live in Chicago etc etc.

This type of announcement will not get you picked up in Google, Yahoo etc. Instead you need to use keywords about what you sell.

Here is my store announcement. Notice how many keywords I put in there.

Featuring quick and easy crochet patterns, skip stitch blades, crochet & knitting supplies.Also offering vintage crochet and knitting patterns. Many of our crochet patterns feature the skip stitch blade for making perfect crochet holes in fleece or flannel fabric.

Tip number two is your store section names are your meta tag keywords for your shop. So whatever you name those sections is what Google pulls up. Here is a copy and paste of my sections and how Google sees them:

<meta name="keywords" content="crochet patterns, skip stitch blades, crochet hooks, finished crochet items, crochet knit key chains, vintage crochet patterns, vintage knitting pattern,

Here is how Google sees my store announcement:

<meta name="description" content="Featuring quick and easy crochet patterns, skip stitch blades, crochet & knitting supplies.Also offering vintage crochet and knitting" >

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for sharing this information with us!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you are some smart woman! I am in awe of your talent. You have been so generous with us and we are proud to have you here. I don't have an Esty store. I don't think it is a very good place to sell crocheted items. There are so many and it is hard to stand out but your tips might chang my mind. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thank you both so much! I am a big believer in paying it forward. I know people took the time to help me a long the way and I try to always pass that on.

Like I said I am somewhat lucky in that I got taught by one of the best (Yahoo!) on how to write content for the internet. I still occasionally write for them but not nearly as often as I used to.

Twinfaye I think crochet items actually sell really well on Etsy especially if you pick a niche. Like specializing in baby hats, or adult scarves or crocheted rugs etc etc. Sometimes its easier to specialize in one specific item to sell on Etsy. Now having said that I sell a bunch of different things as I am not real good at crocheting one thing over and over lol. I had sold a lot of baby hats but then I get tired of making them and stop listing them. On my main shop I sell mostly patterns and supplies and then I have a second shop for selling finished items.

Here is another tip I will pass a long that someone on Etsy gave me that made A HUGE difference in my sales. Ship internationally!! Its so easy now as you can print your shipping labels right on Etsy. No need to go to the post office and fill out forms. You can print your international label right from home. I would venture a guess that my sales at least doubled once I offered to ship internationally. Remember if your item is under 4 lbs you can ship international first class mail. Which is really easy and less expensive for your customers. Just be sure you know what your item weighs before you put in a shipping price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the vintage bathing suits. Someone was looking for a bikini pattern on here but I can't remember who it was. I would like to send the pictures of the suits to my daughter for her approval how do I do that? Not nearly as computer savy as some on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told I need to sale on thare is it hard to set it up, right now I sale on Facebook crafts and crocheting by Alicia Morris I dont no how I would do on another page but relly would like to sale my things

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee if you need help just email me!

Kay