Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Oklahoma

Hi Everyone,

I decided to start the New Year by joing a new forum. This looks like a great place for information and inspiration.

I've crocheted off and on for years, and recently have been crocheting quite a bit. I must admit, I'm prone to like projects that aren't too complicated and work up pretty quickly. I know there are those that get bored with repetition, but not me. I love to work on something like a ripple afghan or a simple scarf while "sort of" watching TV.

I also make cards and sew for my grandkids. In fact, right now I'm combining crocheting with my cardmaking. I'm crocheting small red hearts to put on the front of my Valentine cards I've made.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the group.

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from another newbie. I crochet and do graphic stuff like digital scrap kits ..do you use anything digital in your card making? I have seen ppl that do that craft and think is just a wonderful thing to do. I like to make digital scrap kits but have yet to make a actual scrap book..lol I am glad you like it here and I have been here for a few days and absolutely am addicted, hope you will be too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Me2la, it looks like I will add a visit to this forum to my daily routine. I mainly use rubber and acrylic stamps on my cards. I like the process of stamping, and then handcoloring my images. I have seen the digital stamping and it does look neat, but I really like the hands on feeling of stamping with ink.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see your cards stuff some time, I bet it is just beautiful. I haven't done much on real crafting stuff in years..way back it was alot of grapevine wreaths and such..and some embroidery and plastic canvas...right now crocheting is it for me..till I get more time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I decided to start the New Year by joing a new forum. This looks like a great place for information and inspiration.

I've crocheted off and on for years, and recently have been crocheting quite a bit. I must admit, I'm prone to like projects that aren't too complicated and work up pretty quickly. I know there are those that get bored with repetition, but not me. I love to work on something like a ripple afghan or a simple scarf while "sort of" watching TV.

I also make cards and sew for my grandkids. In fact, right now I'm combining crocheting with my cardmaking. I'm crocheting small red hearts to put on the front of my Valentine cards I've made.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the group.
    Hello from a NW Oklahoma Okie, welcome and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and while we love pictures of your crochet projects we also love to see your other hobbies. Post pictures of your cards and other work of yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

My name is Barbara and also live in Oklahoma in the NE corner of the state. I am close to the Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas borders all within 30-45 minutes away. Glad you are here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Welcome and while we love pictures of your crochet projects we also love to see your other hobbies. Post pictures of your cards and other work of yours.
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I don't have pics of anything crochet yet, because I didn't know I would be here, lol. But here is a picture of one of my Christmas projects for 8 of my grandchildren - Silly Scrappy Snakes.

They were a big hit with ages 4 up to 12 and 13. The bigger granddaughters wrapped them around their necks like boas, and the littles chased around with them all evening:
    Attached Images Attached Images Hello from Oklahoma-snakes-1-jpg 
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes Colesmom, Trenarah liked this post