Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Newest Design Fail LOL

This is unfortunately draft 1. Hopefully I got all the bugs worked out in this draft and draft two will come out much better. As soon as I saw these new colors I knew what I wanted to make but it came out way too small and the edge has major issues. Hopefully I can fix them all in draft 2. I am taking the rest of the day off and will try again tomorrow.

My Newest Design Fail LOL-waffleblanket-jpg

2. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, if I made a piece like that, I would be flagging down total strangers to brag about it. What do you need to correct about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Landon! I love love the waffle stitch.

The blanket came out way too small for a baby blanket. I thought it would come out 3x2 but it came out 2x2. And the edge just does not look right at all and the corners are curling up. Its not a good picture but that edge is 3 rows so I thought they would increase the size of the blanket but for some reason rows 2 and 3 kinda disappeared. So I am thinking I need a different stitch for rows 2 and 3. And different corners. This is baby blanket yarn so its super bulky so it takes some adjusting when you are making a new pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice, lovely colors, is it big enough for a premie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Trenarah. I think it would be a nice size for a premie and its so super soft. Its like a big cloud. I may see if I can donate it to Project Premie but not sure they would want one that has so much texture? Hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its really pretty could you have chained some on the corners, or stich two or three stiches in main corner sttich? Im sure you will figuar it out just right.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kayscrochetpatterns View Post
    Thanks so much Trenarah. I think it would be a nice size for a premie and its so super soft. Its like a big cloud. I may see if I can donate it to Project Premie but not sure they would want one that has so much texture? Hmmm.
    I remeber when my twins were premie, I was looking every where plus trig to make things just so they would have clothes to wear. Everything was soooooooooooo big. They were so small, but anything I put on them made them look even smaller. They are 21 now, and I still have a few things that they wore.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the waffle stitch, maybe you can go up a size on the hook for the edges, maybe one extra stitch in the corners if you think it needs it. normally three stitches are used in the corners, but if you feel it is pulling up to much add another one to see if it works. You can add more rows on the edging to make it larger. Just a couple thoughts.

I lover the stitch and the colors. I think it looks nice.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi

Thanks so much for trying to help! This baby blanket yarn just has some different issues. I did 3 in the corners on the first 2 rounds and did 5 for the last DC round but its still curling up a bit. This yarn is really stretchy so I think that has something to do with it too. I am thinking I may have to do a split corner like 2 stitches chain 2 2 stitches. That might work? I was originally going for a picture frame look for the edge.

What I see in my head and what happens when I crochet are sometimes two different things LOL. Its funny because sometimes I think of a design and it will come out perfect the very first time and other times like this one it will take making it over and over.

Kay

12. Likes Judi Gums liked this post