Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Learning to knit!

Learning to knit!-img_0154-jpgLearning to knit!-img_0155-jpgLearning to knit!-img_0156-jpg
    Well, ya'll are going to be excited to see my first knitting project in years. Now I know why! It took me hours to do this and it is so small. I knew the needles were small but I forgot how sore the tips of my fingers get. I am still going to try it but I am disappointed with my first attempt and the time it takes. My daughter is already wanting a sweater. She is going to be disappointed when she sees what I can do. The little basket is made from twine and took about an hour or two. Lovie got me up at 3:30am so I crocheted the basket and worked on the knitting. I didn't start out to work in minature but at least crocheting went fast. The little purse is 5 X 4 or so and the basket is about 4 inchs high and an oval about 5 inchs wide.

2. Likes billiebob, Val, libertylady64, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They are both darling and I love both materials you worked with. Are they both knitted? See the confidence Marny has in your skills? I am sorry to hear the tips of your fingers were hurting you! Is there some kind of protector you can get? Like little knitting rubbers ??

Post Thanks / Like
    well you did a fine job!! i never caught onto the knitting bug. the most i have done was with the knitting looms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job...those hours were worth it....happy cro er....knitting....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Tammy or someone who knits will tell me what to do about the tips of my fingers. I'm probably holdingt the needles wrong or something like that. The little bowl was crocheted quickly and the little purse took hours!! Kaye has bought the yarn for me to knit her a tree skirt with fun fur. UGH!!! I told her she may have to buy white yarn to go with the white fun fur so I can see the stitchs. I'm hoping that knitting it is easier than crocheting the stupid stuff. I hate the stuff but the tree skirt is really pretty. I'll do it if I can. Kaye has done so much for me while I have been down with this knee. She also took care of me in 2007 when I had the left knee done. Eeryone should have a twin sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    great job Faye! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you did a good job anyway. I find knitting takes a lot longer but I like the feel of the knit over crochet sometimes. I do both and change off and on then I throw some tatting in there for variety
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    I knit holding my thread in my left hand because I am right handed so I hold the thread as if I was going to crochet. I knit the European style. there is a you tube video of how it is done. I don't throw my thread as most people do I tried to make a video but couldn't get my camera in the right position so I may have to have my daughter help me make one. It is hard to explain how I do it but I could show someone how. I do have to figure out the pattern stitches because they are backwards the way I knit
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity