Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello

Post Thanks / Like

Red face hello

Hi,
    I am new to this community, but am an avid crocheter. The reason I am on this site is that I am considering teaching this craft to young adults. Have an tips for me that might make my new job easier. I have been crocheting for years and have taught family members and sometimes it wasn't so great.
    Help me with some tips, please!!!!

Greatfully, Yarnaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you want to do this while you are teaching but either you can create a youtube video or maybe use some in your teaching that are already up..that way if anyone you teach are online they can refer back to it when they need help..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and btw..lol HELLO..and welcome ..ss I didn't say that first..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....are you left or right handed? We've had some great discussions on how to 'help' a left handed person if you are right handed. They key is to have fun....remember it's not really the outcome it's the process in the beginning. Best of the best for ya, happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnaholic View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this community, but am an avid crocheter. The reason I am on this site is that I am considering teaching this craft to young adults. Have an tips for me that might make my new job easier. I have been crocheting for years and have taught family members and sometimes it wasn't so great.
    Help me with some tips, please!!!!

Greatfully, Yarnaholic
    Hi welcome, only advice I have is if the person is a lefty, have them set across from a righty, it seemed to help when I taught my twins to crochet, ( one is lefty and the other a righty), other than that have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! I love to hear that you will be teaching young adults! I think this is a great idea - if you have questions, ask in the forums and I am sure you will gain some helpful tips! My first suggestion is to start with the basics and make it fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums!