Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What Kind of Class Would You Like?

I have been invited to apply to teach a class or classes at Stitches Midwest. I so hope to be picked! As I read over the class submission pages I started to doubt myself. Originally I thought of doing a skip stitch crochet class but now I am not sure.

I also thought about doing a class on how to sell on Etsy but again I am not sure if that would be popular?

Let me know what you think a good class would be.

Thanks in advance!!

Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Kay-there are several members here that have asked for help in selling on Etsy! And I'm considering it as one option to expand my business!! So-I think it would be quite popular!! Is this something you would do on-line? Or as a seminar? Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MaryJane!

Well shoot I just noticed I accidentally posted this on the wrong forum. I guess I should have had more coffee before I posted.

This would be a seminar taught in person at Stitches Midwest which is a huge convention type show for crocheters and knitters.

STITCHES Events | Knitting Universe

I have an e-book I wrote on Etsy SEO (that I give out free to members here and I have given a couple lectures locally on how to get your items seen on Etsy. I have to think a lot of the people attending probably sell what they make? I was thinking of doing the seminar and using a powerpoint presentation with it. Just not sure what the promoters of Stitches will think of that? Probably outside of their normal classes? But I know everywhere I go the most asked question I get is "how did you manage to be successful on Etsy?"

I have to have my class proposals submitted by Jan 11 and they just emailed the forms. I think I am having an anxiety attack LOL.

4. Likes Landon, rosieh20, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think about letting them know what you just told us, that the question you get the MOST is How do I become successful on Etsy, and also giving them options of classes you can do?
    Where can I get your book?!! I would love to read it. I am trying to come up with how do I stand apart from other beaded artists, other crocheters, etc...I going to get a camcorder to record video tutorials for lefties and righties all in one place( my creativity blog) If you look online, there are kazillions of beaded jewellery artists, crocheters, etc...I can make things by hand out of polymer clay, so I am working on what I can do that would benefit someone enough to spend money on it.
    Am I making any sense? Hope so!!

Thank you, Kay for asking us this question.

XOXOX
    Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Etsy is something that people ask a lot about, but I think teaching people different joining from granny squares to joining yarn when one runs out is always a topic people ask and re ask. Happy Crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kay-even though it was a mistake, I'm sure we will help a little with your nerves!! We all will be behind you when you make that presentation!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much MaryJane and I see they moved my thread to the correct forum. Thank you Barbara!

I cannot believe how many forms I have to fill out for each class proposal.

Do you all think a skip stitch class would be popular or no?

I want to apply to teach at least 2 classes to make it worth it as teachers have to be there for the entire event.

Kay

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Etsy class would be wonderful. Maybe you could share some insights here with us in the forums - we can be your guinea pigs! :0)

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for the two classes, and...how Do you skip stitch?

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes anyone that needs help with Etsy please feel free to pick my brain. I have helped a few people here and I always make my E-book on Etsy store SEO available to anyone on the forum for free just email me!

I am a distributor for the Skip Stitch Blade which you use on fleece or flannel to make crochet holes in the edges of fabric. I also designed patterns to use with the blade.

Heres a picture of a blanket made with the skip stitch blade

What Kind of Class Would You Like?-giraffebabygirl-jpg
    Last edited by kayscrochetpatterns; 01-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.

15. Likes Anaisa liked this post