Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought

Hi I am Anne and yes a Newbie..lol but today while roaming around here on this fantastic forum I thought of a tip I would share with you all. Some may already do this but I just thought it could hurt.

How I keep my online patterns visable:

I use pinterest and that way I see what I am looking for and then I have a copy of the website the pattern was listed on. Also pinterest is free and it is a good resource to find things you might need in way of patterns and such.

Hope this is ok to share this..if not I will let you kick me for it later..kk hugs Anne

2. Likes Barbara G., Val, Valerie1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Anne. IT s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa..I think dollies are great. I have some patterns for some but need more supplies as I am just currently getting my stock back up to par..lol I think dollies are a little harder to do ..but the results are fabulous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne! I prefer filet doilies these days and they are easy to make

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pinterest account but I haven't figured out how to find patterns or store anything. I guess I need an education on how to use it. LOL Talk about feeling dumb!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb ..don't feel dumb, my darling 18 year old daughter had to teach me..lol. You can set up your own boards..say like crochet patterns I like (which is what I call one of mine) and then ..go to search at top of page..and put in like free crochet patterns..or crochet patterns..or what ever..it will take you to other pinners...you can then click on each picture..first time it will open up...click image again ..it will take you to site of origin ..also as a fyi..if you look at the bottom of each pin..it should say the pinners name..each search there will be different ones or ones that are same pinner but different stuff..(yep I know it sounds confusing) you can follow that person for later use too ..to go back to see more pins they have at a later date. I have been working on doing more and more pins ..so it is a useful tool.

Oh yeah..if you want to put a certain pattern or such on your own board..click on repin..you should see a drop down menu..find you board..and click repin..and bam you are good to go..it will now be on your board.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it, BarbySue!! We're all behind you!!

Hi, Anne and Welcome!!

Thank you for your information on Pinterest, it is easy to be on there for a long time, I just sit and drool mostly.
    I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting.
    How long have you been crocheting? Do you knit too?
    Do you have pics of your work? We LOVE pictures around here!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon..I have known how to crochet for years..but just now learning some new stitches..like Catherines wheel and crocodile stitch..lol I am going to post some pictures as soon as I finish the two scarves I am working on. I also have to replenish my supplies..lol I used to have tons of yarn..did mostly a lot of pot holders..and such..smaller stuff, I give away most of my projects to family ..but since I am having a granddaughter this spring..I will be stocking up on lots of pinks for her..and doing lots of cutie pie stuff..lol

I do know how to knit and pearl but don't even have needles right now ..I recently move and got rid of tons of stuff..now I am regretting it..oh well..lol

oh btw..my mom taught me how to crochet when I was like 6..she crocheted a lot ..and I love to be like her..so I wanted to learn and I did. I taught myself how to straight knit and pearl..(from a book) and I know I will probably check into learning more about that also.

I also know some embroidery..and have done plastic canvas crafts also . I have made digital scrap kits..(made my avatar) and do signature tags. I don't want to think I am bragging..lol..please don't ..I just like to keep busy..also ..when it comes to computer stuff..I am in love with it..and would love to help anyone that wants to learn anything with computer..as long as I can ..I will always share..hugs..Anne
    Last edited by me2la; 01-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same thing girl

13. Likes Landon, me2la liked this post