Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cool afghan patter for you all i came up with it in my head have made it many times.

DON’s in my head thick and warm afghan
    I have made this afghan many times for each of my kids twin size beds and a queen size for my own bed. I have made it in 2 and 3 colors. I don’t claim to have invented this but I did come up with it in my head one day hence the name. Mine was black and teal. I always use a size k hook and (if using 2 colors) 3, 1 pound skeins of each.(yes that’s 6 pounds of yarn I did say thick and warm right.) for queen size. 1 ½ each for twin size. Ok so starting chains I use 201 for queen and 141 for twin. This will work with any even number chain plus 1 for turning. So make yours as wide or narrow as you wish.
    Ch=chain
    Sc=single crochet
    DC= double crochet
    1) Make a chain of 201 (141 for twin size bed.)
    2) SC in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across
    3) Ch3, turn work, DC in next SC and in each SC across CH3 turn
    4) DC in each stitch across. Ch 1 turn
    5) SC in same stitch as ch1 *skip next DC,SC in next. Repeat from * to end ending with SC in top of turning chain. CH 3 and turn.
    6) This is where it gets fun in the first ch1 loop do a bobble. It goes like this *yarn over insert hook in ch1 loop draw up a loop you have 3 loops on hook repeat from * till you have 9 loops on hook yarn over and pull through all 9 loops ch 1. Bobble made do a bobble in every ch1 space across ending with DC in last stitch.CH1 turn.
    7) Repeat row 5.you will be skipping the bobble not a DC.
    8) Repeat row 6.
    9) Repeat row 5 you will be skipping the bobble not a DC.
    10) Repeat row 6 changing to new color in last stitch.
    11) At this point you have 3 bobble rows. Now chain 3 turn. Working in each space and in each bobble DC across CH3 turn.
    12) Repeat rows 4 through 11 changing colors at the end of row 10 each time. Continue till your afghan is the length you want.
    If you have any problems or find any mistakes please email or message me. and please post pic’s if you make this I would love to see them enjoy and thanks.
    Last edited by dmlemont; 01-03-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    sure i hope someone can use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Do you have any pictures to look at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda took the words out of my mouth. I can't see this in my mind without a picture. It looks good and I do love bobbles. So picture please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great minds think alike, that is when mine is workin!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a king size bed which is hard to find anything for! When i crochet for my bed i crochet a chain and lay across foot of my bed so if i want it to overlap some cuz my hubby n i are cover hogs or the dogs pull covers off us which they do. Even though they are little they tend to take up most of the bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the pattern! I'm always on the lookout for a pattern I can convert to a queen size bed. I agree with the husband and dog stealing the covers! I would love to see a picture too if you have one handy, I know it isn't always easy to get a picture but if you have one it would be great to see one of this pattern. Thanks again.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    not yet just got a new camera though so i hope to do some pitchers this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    i will try this weekend.