Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your help

A big thank you to everyone that tried to help me with my 2 crochet stitches.....after reading the emails I too went back to Redheart.com to look at the pattern once again, to my surprise I realized the pattern I was talking about was at Joanns.com it is the same type of pattern but Joann's had those weird stitches, I am sure now the pattern was calling for a FPDC instead of a FDC. Once again a big thank you.....

2. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you are on your way to complete your afghan!! We want Pictures!! I knew it would get figured out, there are so many talented folks on here, they have yet to not be able to help. Sure enhances my confidence, I know I can work on pieces I ordinarily would not do on my own, but with the folks on here? Sky's the limit.

4. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are ok inspite of my help. I copied it from the Red Heart site. So I could talk intelligently. LOL

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL no worries, ya'll kept saying "FPDC' so I had to go back and look at redheart, then that is when the light bulb went off, once I seen the pattern there I went and googled it cause I hate printing from the site it self because of all the other add on's like advertisments and such, so I usually copy and paste first when I googled it, the same pattern came up but from JoAnn's.....I feel real stupid...LOL...blonde roots run deep no matter how I try to cover it.....thanks again...

8. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg, how funny!! Where is my list of blonde jokes? LOLOL Please, do NOT feel stupid! You are NOT stupid. We are ALL human, and girl, if you have about a million hours, I'll share some of the mistakes I have made in my life, LOLOL You are among Friends here, we will never make you feel bad, it is OK to make mistakes, that is one way to learn.

10. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of help.....
    I found a pattern for a farmer's market bag I want to crochet. The yarn/thread??? called for is "420m DK weight cotton yarn". It calls for a 3.75 hook which I have figured out is a size F. I assume it is pretty thin. Would it be sock weight?
    thanks in advance,
    pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you figure out this by now yarnoholic. Looks like this question was missed here.

Post Thanks / Like

thread size

GrammaJoe,
    I guess my old-timers disease was acting up. I forgot what the question was and I had to look back. No, I never did get an answer. And if you've got one about size, I have another question. Is there a cotton weight that size. It's for a mesh looking market bag and worsted (Peaches & Cream cotton) would be too thick.
    thanks,
    pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Better get that in other spot so the right person can see this. I thought it got buried....Sorry don't know what material you need here. 420m DK weight??? I have a chart somewhere......

Post Thanks / Like
    I googled 420m DK. Seems to be a light worsted weight. One on the list showed blend of cotton and nylon. Have a peek on google. Looked again and found a chart that said it was considered medium weight in UK/NZ/AUS. .....Sorry maybe someone else will help you with this .
    Last edited by GrammaJoe; 01-15-2013 at 04:08 PM.