Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

The pattern I need help with

It was suggested by a member of this forum that I post a link to the pattern that I am having trouble with. Actually it is two stitches, the FDC and the LDC when it says crochet LDC around indicated stitch. Here is the link..
    Branches & Berries Throw Crochet Pattern | Red Heart
    I will appreciate all help.

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at the pattern and did not see fdc or ldc; maybe I am not seeing it. Need my eyes checked really soon.

This is the pattern I am looking at - correct?

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3025.pdf

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can see the sc in 2 rows below this is easy. If you have to find it then it becomes a lot harder. Under special abbreviations it tells you how to do the stitch. It reads like you should be able to see the sc in the 1st row. The other rows would be the same as it gives you a row of sc that should make it easy to see them. In row 9 you are doing the Fpdc around the Fpdc on row 7 and that should stand out as well. I don't know if I can explain the Fpdc better than the pattern does. Anyone else have a clearer explanation for the stitch? If that helps, good, if not maybe someone else will help. Or if you can tell me what you don't understand I'll try to help more.

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see FDC and Ldc either. What row are you on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Row 3 starts the Fpdc and I don't think there is a Ldc?? The LB is large bobble like a popcorn or puff stitch. How many names do they have for that stitch??

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it doing Fpdc that you are wondering about? Work the dc around the post of the stitch in the previous row by yo hook insert hook in the space on the right side of stitch on prev. row stick hook out the other side of stitch and complet the dc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry this pattern calls for doing Fpdc in st two rows back (Not prev row as I said) I am making things worse trying to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,Tigg. I'm not sure I can help but will give it my best shot. If I understand your problem it is with knowing where to put the "long" stitch you are making. Instead of doing the stitch in the previous it is put in the row 2 rows below where you are. As you make the stitch try to pull it up enough to be even with the row you are doing. This is what makes the "branches" look like they are laying on top of the afghan as seen in the pattern picture. Just take a breath and try again. I have done this stitch and once you "get" it it's really easy and pretty. Hope I have helped. imalefty

12. Likes Val, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I added to the confusion on this. Next time I will get more details before waying in. How are you doing on this? It is a beautiful pattern but will never be one of those mindless ones. Worth it in the end!

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't find FDC or LDC in the pattern without a lot of blowing up and printing and such What rows have them so I can just blow up a small section? Annalia