Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lover's Lace Shawl

It started out to be an afghan. I had this cream colored boucle yarn that I just couldn't work with. I couldn't see the loops of the stitches in each row and anything I tried to make looked crooked and lopsided. One day I saw Janie Mae's post about her Lover's Lace pattern. When she posted the directions, I copied them down in a notebook. "Maybe I can use that boucle yarn with this pattern". So I started out, K hook and 120 something stitches. Merrily I'm going along and I realize I didn't have enough yarn. Of course the store didn't have my color (probably they're not getting any more). I had decided to try to create something by adding on other colors. All of a sudden, Thursday, my sister calls and with 2 hours notice, invites me to The Nutcracker. I finished the row I was on, sewed in the two ends, and said "Now I have a lacy shawl to wear." Thank you Janie...it is a beautiful pattern.

Annette
    Attached Images Attached Images Lover's Lace Shawl-nutcracker-1-jpg Lover's Lace Shawl-nutcracker-3-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant!! You did a beautiful job and I remember when Jane posted that. Most awesome to both of you!! I love how we help each other out along the way!

3. Likes janie mae, GrammaJoe, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a really pretty shawl!! Guess you could call it an accidental shawl!! Thanks for sharing!

5. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is just beautiful! You and your sister look very nice in that photo, and your shawl was the perfect touch!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty! thanks for sharing!

9. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    pretty shawl and a pretty stitch! great job!

11. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing what you make. Lovely! You lucky girl to go to see the Nutcracker. Happy for you! Was it just magical? (sigh)

13. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Annette
    I am thrilled that you took your "lemons" , tried this pattern, & got such a beautiful shawl to wear! I never would have thought to make a Lover's Lace Shawl. Just goes to show how creative you are, Annette. I have been making this afghan for years & never thought "out of the box". This is a good lesson for us all. I had an experience in Joann's today. Hubby & I were in the aisle with another couple, a little older than us. Hubby hates Joann's & is there to do my reaching & push cart. This couple is seriously discussing the yarn. We start talking with them & find that she knits & he crochets. He learned to crochet when overseas in WW II. Needed something to do to fill his idle time there. I told them about Crochet Talk & that they should join us. I hope they do. Hugs, Jane

15. Likes billiebob, tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jane. Cute story. It is always intriguing to find out a man likes to crochet. My husband would roll his eyes if I suggested it. Ha Ha! He hates Joann's too. Thanks again for sharing the pattern. I will definitely use it again, and wait till my group sees it...they are going to love it and will want to make it too.
    Annette

17. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, how absolutely creative you are! Your shawl is beautiful. I think most things are better when you think "outside the box". Many thanks for sharing your creation and your story.

19. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post