Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

E-reader vs a Real Book

I simply love to read! Every once in a while, it crosses my mind that my lovely younger daughter bought me a Kindle e-reader for Christmas last year. But the problem is, I've only used it a few times. This was a gift that I really, truly, honestly wanted last year! But, I've safely stored it away.

I still prefer to buy books that I can curl up with and hold in my hands! Why? Am I such a traditionalist about some things, that I can't let go! Do I cherish the idea that a book determines my loyalty to the things of old? Or is that the feel, weight and smells of books warm my soul? These are questions I ponder.

On the other hand, I just might take that e-reader out and start the New Year in a different way!

What's your preference when reading?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer to hold the book in my hands. I still go to the library too, always plan to! I hope libraries don't go by the wayside like some book stores have.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus, to me, if I had some expensive technology on me, I would be worried about it if I dropped it or something. With a book, I don't have to worry as much. Just about my cell phone, LOLOL Which would still be an expense to replace, but there you have that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love books but like the convience of downloads... no havin to leave the house when its cold or waiting for ups lol. I have the koobo app and use it to download free patterns or free pattern books.

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Kindle has been used so little that I've never downloaded a thing to it! smh Seriously, I really need to use it!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sinch I became active on crochettalk I have not read a book. I used to read a book a day. I have a kindle and I love it. You can go to the beach and read without the pages flipping in th wind. I can put it into a baggie and it is waterproof and very readable. It is lightwieght and so portable. I love books have shelves of them but I don't buy them any more. Yeah Kindle!!

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you, I still like to hold a good book.

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    since I live in such a 'confided' space I thought I would love to try an electronic book...for they hold up to 3,000 books...but I learned that those books are only yours and if you give up product you give up the books inside as well, regardless what you paid for them....I have always liked the sound of a hard cover book opening, sitting next to a fire w/ a nice crocheted winter lapgahn...an adorable crocheted book mark w/ a freshly brewed cup of tea on a crochet doily....happy crocheting.

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love to read an old fashioned book.

15. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a little bit of both!! I have an e-Reader too!! I like the fact that you can store hundreds or thousands of books in such a small space. But I also love the real books. Especially new book smell when I'm lucky enough to buy a new one for myself!! The crisp pages crackling as I turn them.

17. Likes nothingnowhere, Butterflyrose liked this post