Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Do you like to help others by donating your work?

Good Morning Everybody, I have read & re-read our sweet Amanda's post on thread "Kick Self in Butt" pg 9 & it's pulling my heartstrings. It has the Angelcraft site. They make or accept donations of newborn & preemie clothing for a long list of hospitals. They even supply the tiny preemie patterns. They make Angel Ornaments for a baby's 1st Christmas or for parents in grief, whose babies didn't make it.
    They will take anything, money, yarn, fabric for baby quilts, volunteers. They do not ask you for a commitment. If you make one piece or 50, it is okay with them. The hospitals receiving the items without warning. One box or ten boxes, when they receive these baby items, it is like Christmas morning. It seems their biggest need is tiny beanies & booties, as I am understanding it. Please go prowl around the Angelcraft site, see if it doesn't pull on your heartstrings, too. I say prowl because certain areas are members only. They also have a CD of patterns for $7.50, shipping included, that contains over 100 patterns. I'm not sure if they are all baby patterns, but I'd imagine they are all donateable.
    Great Big HUGS, Jane
    Last edited by janie mae; 12-29-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling & additions

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks for the fyi, I've often wondered about that but just keep forgetting to look it up while on line...thanks again.

3. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing this - will have to take a look!

5. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is such a worthy cause, those precious tiny little ones!! There are LOTS of great causes around, pieces for the tiny little premies, our Soldiers who are overseas, local hospitals, cancer treatment centers, the homeless and no telling what other needs are out there that we haven't though about!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to apologize for sending you all to the thread. I didn't know how to put the website into the post. I did, however, give good directions to get you to the website. Please don't think "I'll do it later" & forget all about it. I am nothing if not persistent. Just the size of these tiny clothes, & reading how many stitches on the patterns made me tear up. I overflowed when I saw their chart giving sizes for a baby weighing this much or that much, this or that length, how to change the pattern.
    It made me thank God again for my healthy grandkids.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing!

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, I realize we just got through Christmas & we have all worked our fingers to the bone making gifts for family & friends. This is about tiny preemies. I had heard once that some of these NICUs actually use Ty Beanie Babies to prop these babies on their sides. Ya'll know that is little. Please check out Angelcrafts.com. They are not asking for much.
    Big HUGS, Jane

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I donate to many causes and it always gives me a lift. Dec 23 I donated 25 crocheted catnip mice to a local cat shelter, Dec 24 sent a prayer shawl to a wonderful oder woman whose husband is in stage 4 bone cancer, and I am now working on more catnip mice, and other items. I will definitely check out this sit though, I just had a bunch of baby yarn given to me and as yet had no idea what to do with it. Now I guess I know! Happens ever time - someone donates yarn to me and soon God provides a use for it.

13. Likes janie mae, Landon, mamamiaow, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PJsmama,
    This is such a worthy cause. They are not demanding. They will provide you with the tiny patterns. If you make one hat or pair of booties, they are happy to get them. Of course, they would love more, but anything is a help. Thanks so much for showing interest. And please thank that Angel in Disguise who donated that baby yarn to you.
    Big HUGS, Janie Mae

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll start tomorrow, just have to find my stash of hooks and such and remember which bag has the yarn in it. Had the hooks just a couple of days ago, but what with taking down the tree, etc. I cant remember where the heck I put them. I was going to use some of the baby yarn to try and make a sweater for PJ, all patterns I have found are way way too big, (she's only 6" tall, neck 5", collar to tail, 8" and girth 9.5") but since there is a large garbage bag of yarn, I'm sure I'll have plenty to do some baby things as well. As t who donated the4 yarn, I really dont know, the members of my church know I do prayer shawls, and every once in a while there will be a bag or two of yarn in the church library with my name on it. Any donated yarn I reserve for charity items, or if I do use some, I replace it. Yarn for my personal or craft show use is out of pocket expense. My sister in Florida just sent me 2 large bags of yarn she wanted to getrid of, she's trying to cut down on Mom's "but I might be abe to use that" clutter. Some of that will be reserved for charity work and some for my own use. One of my friends said "You get more excitd over a bag of yarn than a new outfit!" The sad part is, she's right!

16. Likes janie mae, mamamiaow, Trenarah liked this post