Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Flu season!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Flu season!!!!!

up where i live the flu is no joke. the flu shots this year that people have gotten is not the flu virus that is lurking around and getting people. my co-workers are out for more than a week with it. it will last for a good 2 weeks, so my fellow yarnies please be careful out there and i hope you do not catch this nasty bug.

2. Likes Landon, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up !! I am hearing that around here too, that this season's flu is like a hostage taker. I need to google preventative things I can do. I know the basics, hand washing, etc...I think there are more things we can do..............

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your well wishes Libertylady! I took the flu shot this year. I refuse to get sick and speak BOLDLY that I will not be attacked in the name of Jesus.

One year my hubby had the flu and our doctor told me to get out of the room with my hubby. I didn't and I didn't catch the flu either! I just Believe and Know that God will take care of me and He does.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I depend on my flu shot to take care of me. I don't go out very much so that helps as well. I'm going to be mad if I get the flu!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is nice to know, I don't get out in public much anyway. I guess There is something good about being pretty much housebound.. I had the flu, the real flu, and I never want to get it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family gets the flu shot every year my 3 sons run extremely high fevers 104.8 so since my oldest was 3 months on their peditrician then made them get flu shots. 1 year they didn't and we regreted it 104.6, 104.3, and 104 .0. Now as adults they still get them. I learned before i had kids put them in tub of warm water let the water cool down as it will lower fever. Plus motrin and tylenol, tea with honey. I have to get the flu shot now also cuz i have no spleen and of course i make my hubby cuz boys or men sometimes are not very fun when they are sick, and i am out numbered 4 to 1, 5 to 1 when my oldest gets sick cuz mom knows best.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really bad here in Charleston, SC too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have heard that. I hope my family and I don't get it. Take precautions. Stay well, crochet friends. Annette