Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Santa brought me a new Crochet book!

HI EVERYONE! I'm not shouting, I'm happy. We all had a great Christmas, hope you all did too. My son's getting married. And my granddaughter is thrilled with her haul! But I got a great present too. (Of course I ordered it, but my hubby said to when he heard I wanted it).

It's called "Crochet Master Class" by Jean Leinhauser and rita Weiss. It has 18 different crochet techniques! ie., Hairpin Lace, Filet, Bullion Stitch, Overlay, irish, etc.

Each section is written by someone that is a master of that technique. It gives you their history, and interesting stories about how they came about their craft.

Now I'll probably never do ALL the techniques, but I love looking at it all, and learning about it. It truly is a form of art.

My dil also had me order a DVD that will be out on 1/7. Can't wait. And the other book I ordered won't be out til end of Jan. It'll keep feeling like Christmas!

Have a great New Year's too!
    Joy Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you only read it, it is all good and certainly an interesting subject. Happy for you!

3. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thrilled for you! Enjoy your new book. Keep that Christmas excitement going, I'm doing the same! Happy New Year to you too!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

5. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Neat! Even though I love patterns online, there's nothing like a book you can hold and flip the pages. Caro

7. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's neat it's a reference book too! And who's to say you can;t make a simple sample just to say you can....hugs and happy crocheting.

9. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a wonderful crochet book too! Call Crochet Techniques Stitches Patterns by Marie-Noelle Bayard

11. Likes amanda, Anaisa, GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Crocheting Cora01, LOL

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to read especially mysteries and crochet books or magazines. Have fun and ejoy, let us know if there is somrthing really cool we all might like.

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora01 View Post
    I got a wonderful crochet book too! Call Crochet Techniques Stitches Patterns by Marie-Noelle Bayard
    Glad you got a good crochet book too,.

17. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still reading about the masters' stories. I was actually thinking about you Anasia, I was wondering if you ever heard of Hartmuth Hass. He is the master for filet crochet. He fled East Germany with nothing, and had to relie on his crochet skills to earn a living. I thought you might be interested in him. You would love his work.
    Joy ANn

19. Likes amanda, Landon, Cora01 liked this post