Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Winter storms

Post Thanks / Like

Winter storms

I hope none of our members were affected by the tornatos in the south!! And those who are getting snow-please stay home if you can! We're expecting 12-15"of snow where I am! Please be safe everybody!!

2. Likes Landon, Amber&TuckersMom, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW I love South Florida. 81 today. the kids say they miss the snow when did they see it?
    LOL

4. Likes Landon, MeerKat, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please can I come visit???? I've never seen that much snow in one day. We had almost 18 inchs here ONCE and that took 2 or 3 days. I love snow but I don't drive in it. I like to play in it but being out in the snow is not going to happen to me now. My kids and sister would lynch me if they found out I went outside in the snow. All we got is a dusting of snow and winds that take your breath away. How about taking a picture for me???

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as it stops snowing, I'll take a picture Faye! We've got about 6" now but it's still snowing pretty hard!! I'm supposed to go down the mountain this morning and pick up my granddaughter! She's my son's daughter and she is with her other grandmother now! (My son married his high school sweetheart! ) Don't know if it will happen or not!

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you guys all knew how to drive in the snow. That's what we hear all the time down in the South when we get snow. Two inchs of snow will shut the town down and all the Yankees make fun of us. I use the term "Yankees" with love!!! lol

10. Likes Landon, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I hope none of our members were affected by the tornatos in the south!! And those who are getting snow-please stay home if you can! We're expecting 12-15"of snow where I am! Please be safe everybody!!
    OMG - you be safe too. We are lucky here in my part of MA - just rain - but I hear other areas are getting it bad. I hope everyone stays safe too!

12. Likes Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mary Jane, how are you doing with all that snow? How many inches do you have now? Hope you are ok up there! We are on the cool side but nothing compared to what you have. Stay safe and warm.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

14. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have about 12" of snow and it's still coming down!! I have a 4 wheel drive car- a Subaru, but I grew up in the "south"-southern NY that is!! But after 38 years of living on the mountain I have become pretty good at driving in the snow!! But it scares the @#$% out of me!! The other Grandfather ended up babysitting today and I will do it tomorrow!!

16. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    iIguess I am a yankee! I live in Indiana and we have about 2-3 inches of snow where I live. I think everyone else drives in this but not me. I love to see it but I don't go out in it much anymore. One of my boys is getting my mail everyday for me and puts the trash can out on pick up day, thank you Jesus! All of you,my new-found friends, be safe and warm! I have never seen snow more than about a foot deep. One winter it was about to 2/3 of the way up the big trash cans on main street. That was the most snow I had ever seen before or since . I have been blessed too as far as floods go. We had a flood a few years years ago, the first and only one I remember around here. It was pretty far reaching....all the way out to my sons house up the driveway a ways. Thank God he lives on a hill so it didn't each the house. That was scary enough for me!

18. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We got 10 inches in Iowa last week. A dusting of snow Christmas eve. It's 20 degrees fahrenheit, warmest it's been for a while. Overcast. Out my front window is a study of white, black and gray. Wish I'd had my camera when my gray and white cat was sitting in the window. It made a beautiful picture. I love it because I don't have to go anywhere or do anything! Caro

20. Likes Landon liked this post