Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Post Thanks / Like

Cookies, not pork chops, LOLOL

Hey, Yawl!!

Merry Christmas!!

Earlier this month, I attempted to make some chocolate cookies. The last time I did any Christmas baking was in the early 1990's so it is pretty safe to say that I was rusty. So, I use some box cookie mix I bought at Wal-mart and start to follow the directions where were one stick of butter and one egg to add to the dry mix.

Needless to say, to me that just wasn't enough liquid so I added milk and got out my hand beater. Well, they evolved into a delicious and very pretty creamy concoction(sp??) and into the oven they went.

Ok, so I get them out of the oven and they had flattened while cooking and had run together. I got my spatula and tried to get them off the cookie sheet. I ended up with this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2380[/ATTACH]
    Undaunted, I posted this pic on my Facebook page and one of my longtime girlfriends later told me she thought they were pork chops.

I can not tell you how much fun and mileage I have gotten out of that comment, OMG!! I think I laughed for about 2 days over that one by myself and with more of my girlfriends, LOL

So, today, being Christmas Eve and getting to go back to the same home I spent Christmas Eve last year, I do not want to arrive empty handed like I did last year. So I have 2 presents wrapped and here are the cookies I made just now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2382[/ATTACH]

Small improvement, wouldn't you say? LOLOL I am delighted how these turned out!!

Merry Christmas, Everybody!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Cookies, not pork chops, LOLOL-churchcookies-jpg Cookies, not pork chops, LOLOL-christmascookies2-jpg Cookies, not pork chops, LOLOL-christmascookies-jpg 

2. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking cookies. So much nicer looking than the infamous pork chops!lol We baked cookies today. We are having our Christmas this coming Sat North of Dallas and all of husbands kids and grands will be there. Tomorrow we are having a Tex-Mex casserole and green salad for our dinner. We have a very dear male friend down the road from us who has no one so are asking him to spend the day with us. I sure hope you have a fantastic time with your friends tonight and tomorrow! Stay safe and be blessed. Lawana

4. Likes Landon, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so kind of you to open your home to your neighbour on Christmas. I am so grateful to not be alone this time of year and to spend it with really fun folks.
    You stay safe, too Lawana and be blessed!!

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have sooo many cookies that people have given us!!! But Sis, your cookies look pretty good!! Have fun tomorrow!!

8. Likes Landon, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a blast! I am so fortunate to have those guys in my life!

10. Likes tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you new cookies turned out! They look delicious!

12. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I should'nt STILL be drooling over cookies after all the junk I've eaten the past two weeks - but that 2nd batch does look good! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas !!

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Barbara! I do not know what I would have done if the second batch had not turned out. I am really lucky that they did!

I did, Tammy,I had a great Christmas! They look good, don't they? Girl, you and me both, I have over indulged! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

Post Thanks / Like
    A real cookie lover here! That batch looks yummy!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!