Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  107
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: I must say...

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I must say...

....do any of y'all remember the character that Martin Short played on Saturday Night Live, Ed Grimley, with the pants pulled up to his boobs.... "I must say".... sorry I got offtrack.

But, I must say that right now I love using Lion Brand Super Bulky Yarn with a Size N needle, doing only single crochet, making my lapghans. Now, mind you, I am not done with Baylee's blanket.... need more yarn (which I will get next weekend)

Dave (hubby) wanted to get me some yarn to start his lapghan so I'd have some crocheting to do this weekend, plus Monday and Tuesday.... I take a label from Lions Brand, circle 'super bulky 6' and tell Dave to pick out whatever colors he wants for his lapghan. He loves all kinds of colors, the more colors the better.

So, when I got home from work Friday, he shows me a purple, lavender, and cinnamon red.... love it! I have the purple crocheted, and proceeded to change color with the cinnamon red... ohhhhhhhhhhhh how I got frustrated with color change, so after 6-7 yank outs of yarn, stopping, pausing, rewinding videos on 'how to', I said 'HOLY CRAP' and did my own version of color change and hope the heck it will work and the stitches dont come out; which I think will work.

How has everyone elses weekend been?

Oh, can y'all tell I'm a nut?! I mean literally, I work for Pecan Mfg. Plant... I fit in to a T!

and since a ball of this yarn makes 3 rows, with 100 stitches/row.... he will get him some green, yellow, blue, etc.... He actually said he wants a blanket of many colors (just like the coat of many colors)
    ~Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Martin Short, he is brilliant, I think!!! I hear ya on getting sidetracked!! And ya know we want pics when that lapghan of many colours is good to go!!! Merry Christmas, Tammy!!

3. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course we want pictures, Tammy!! From the person that procrastinates the most on posting pictures!! Sounds like you keep busy!! Do you have a Joanns near you? Starting the day after Christmas, all the yarn is 25% off! Merry Christmas!

5. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait for that sale! Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    Also' if you get their circular in the mail, there's a 25% off everything Jan 6-8!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info on JoAnn's; yes I think we have a couple; I know if one for sure, plus a Hobby lobby (hubby hates that place), 3-4 WalMarts!

If some of you do not know who Ed Grimley is, look it up on youtube.com ..... so funny!!

And, we did a run to WalMart this morning and Dave picked out 8 more colors for his blanket! I'll try and get a pic on today of the 'in progress' of his lapghan.
    ~Tammy~

9. Likes Landon, tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    His blanket sounds like it is going to be beautiful! I love how he is so "in to" your craft!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

11. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I just got done pulling out the last color (3rd) from Dave's lapghan. I was almost done with the color too!!

The left side is even, but the right side is going inward... \

I am doing the last stitch, then the turning chain, then turning my work and going into the first stitch to start the next row. I do not think I am going into the turning chain because doesn't it only consist of one loop? (make sense??), whereas the SC (after the foundation row and the 1st row) has two loops for each stitch.... am I explaining this right?

I am not counting nor marking me row ends. If one end is even but the other side is not, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    ~Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not marking the last stitch would be my guess. If you really pay attention and put a marker in it you can be more sure of your stitchs. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tammy, there are 2 separate ways to do the single crochet.

One way is to use the turning chain at the end of each row where you create the turning chain by chaining one and then you turn your work.

The other way is to NOT make a turning chain. This way, you build your foundation row, you build your row of single crochet on the foundation chain and you mark the ends as you build that single crochet and continue to crochet the single crochet in each stitch across your row.

Turning chain and turning your work are 2 completely different procedures. When you have completed the current row you are working on, you turn your work just like you turn the pages in a book and start to build the single crochet in the very first stitch. No turning chain. Then you simply continue across the row, building a single crochet in each and every stitch, according to the pattern you are doing.

Does this help you? Were you able to see the videos I sent you? I didn't hear back from you.
    If they weren't helpful, I will do some more to help you.