Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Must Dos before Christmas

Christmas is upon us! There are some necessary chores, items, plans, "put off 'til tomorrow" responsibilities that must be done. There's no sooner than later time left for me!

I simply love challenges, pushing the time limits and dashing to the finish line to get it done! Then, I check my to-do list and nod at all that I've accomplished.

So here goes my list of Must Dos before Christmas:

-wrap, bag and creatively decorate all gifts
    -clean our home(spic and span will meet my expectations)
    -Christmas fragrances abounding throughout our home(bought candles today)
    -double check shopping list, buy any additional gifts needed
    -finish shopping for needed items to prepare a portion of our Christmas dinner
    -prepare a portion of our Christmas dinner, hubby has a portion of it catered
    -decorate central island for our Christmas dinner
    and as I work, there will be more that I find that must be done! That's life!lol

What are your Must Dos before Christmas?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    A girl after my own heart. I call it living on the edge. Each day there's a "must do" list of things to get done. Today I am finishing snowflakes, picking up the grandsons from school, and we are going to block and decorate w/glitter for their teachers. When I was a teacher, the few gifts I got were special to me because I knew that some of my students really appreciated me. I'm going to get some candles too. Thanks for the idea. Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aporfirio View Post
    A girl after my own heart. I call it living on the edge. Each day there's a "must do" list of things to get done. Today I am finishing snowflakes, picking up the grandsons from school, and we are going to block and decorate w/glitter for their teachers. When I was a teacher, the few gifts I got were special to me because I knew that some of my students really appreciated me. I'm going to get some candles too. Thanks for the idea. Annette
    Amazing! Aporfirio, I'm a retired teacher of 3 years, taught children 32 years. Yes, the gifts given to me by my students were special. I received many beautiful gifts throughout the years. I have a lovely handcrocheted doily made by the great-aunt of one of my students. My last name is crocheted in it. It proudly hangs in my entryway.

Those snowflakes will make beautiful gifts for the teachers!

The candles will have our homes smelling wonderful, won't they! You're welcome.

Enjoy Christmas!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I crochet snowflakes for my boys teachers.. I totally forgot this year to much other stuff going on.. And not enough time to make as tomorrow is the last day lol. Next year I will remember to make them.

My to dos
    Find and wrap gifts ( I put them somewhere!)
    Help prepare supper day of.

After Christmas finish gift shopping, I have to buy the gifts form the other grandparents.. The card didnt make it in time...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am gifting some Family bracelets, plus I have to do the jewellery I'll be wearing to the parties, haven't decided what I'll be wearing yet....Also I have a couple of hats to crochet. It sure is fun to be busy with creating pieces!! I just LOVE it!! And it is nice to have glimpses into the Christmas Preps of my friends!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with most of you- have to finish making stuff and then wrap everything!! I'm using bubble wrap-I have gotten tons of it from packages over the last few weeks!! I know the kids will love it!

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We are entering the Home Stretch!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the same boat. What I try to do now, is get some of everything done, then finish up what I can by Christmas Eve. What gets done gets done. (Now don't let that fool you, I've be stressing about this since Thanksgiving! lol But I love to decorate and put a lot on my tree. Well Mya's (grndgtr.) done decorating, now she's into undecorating it so she can play with all the special ornaments. So, what doesn't get up gets put away. What doesn't get crocheted, they'll get another time.

I do have to finish the ornaments and 2 mobius's need the border. And a special project for Mya a Wedding Veil, fingerless mitts& leg warmers, to go with her lacey tutu, and tights, so she can be a ballerina/bride

She kept eyeing up my Grandson's Super Hero Cape, and saying how big it was. I think cause it's bigger than hers - but I only had about 2 hours to come up with the idea for her, find supplies, and make hers. Anyway, I'm excited about this project. I'm using some white crinkly yarn with that silver through it. It's terrible to work with. But I started a Christening sweater for her with it, didn't like how it was going so I got other yarn and pattern for the sweater. So I'm unraveling this yarn that splits a lot, but it's ok, it will look really pretty when I block it! Now it's a secret ladies! shhhh! I'll be doing some of these items in my shop. shhh!

I digress as usual. Well time to crochet, food shopping tommorrow, ugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, Are you doing crochet jewelry, beaded jewelry, combo or what kind? I like making jewelry, and still have a ton of stuff for it. I want to incorporate the beaded jewelry with crochet, but haven't gotten to do much jewelry since I started crocheting again. So much to crochet, so little time!

Post Thanks / Like
    My "to do" list. Hmmmmm
    Gifts are wrapped and mailed - check
    Shawl made for mother-in-law and wrapped-check
    Need to bake cookies to take to dinners Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Christmas Day Night - Not done
    Not to shabby if you ask me. I love this being retired business. I've been able to get everything done and ready this year.
    House needs to be cleaned but no one is coming to our house so I don't have to stress over that!
    Hope everyone gets there list completed and I'm pulling for you!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean