Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Having Problem with Mobius Cowl Patter

I want to make this Mobius Cowl it say it only takes One Hour Ha!! I got on the second Round and it says to turn item at 180 degree angle, That is where I get stumped.. Here is the Pattern. It says to double crochet on bottom Round.. Can anyone help me.

One Hour Mobius / Cowl Pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't check ur pattern, but all that means is before u do the join, line it up as usual, then twist or turn the scarf completely around. This gives ua twist in the back and front. If u only want a twist in the front, only flip it over before joining. These r referred to as a mobius alot. If u just want a complete circle, don't twist or turn it at all. All 3 ways are nice. The double twist helps keep it in place.

Does this help?
    Last edited by Joyannerose; 12-20-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa. I just looked at that pattern. No wonder ur confused. I don't get it since it joined without a turn. And what's with the extra 9 feet at the end for? I'm on my phone, so maybe I'm missing something? I didn't look at the tutorial though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, still didn't look at video, but I think it's saying to make a complete twist after u already did the circle. But it sounds like it would just be a half turn if ur then crocheting into the bottom side. A full twist should make it be the same way before u do the turn except with the twist. Anyway, I guess the crocheting in the bottom will then keep the twist.

I don't know, if the tutorial doesn't help, I'd go with doing the twist before the join, but use the sritch pattern. Unless it's just too late for me to figure it out. Maybe someone else could help.

Good luck, and good night!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, still didn't look at video, but I think it's saying to make a complete twist after u already did the circle. But it sounds like it would just be a half turn if ur then crocheting into the bottom side. A full twist should make it be the same way before u do the turn except with the twist. Anyway, I guess the crocheting in the bottom will then keep the twist.

I don't know, if the tutorial doesn't help, I'd go with doing the twist before the join, but use the sritch pattern. Unless it's just too late for me to figure it out. Maybe someone else could help.

Good luck, and good night!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I would take a look at the video; I can't cuz of gigs, but I agree it seems you need give it a twist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the help, going to watch the video again and see if I can do it,, Wish I could play the video in slow motion..

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear MeerKat, the way I do the TWIST is to hold ur project with both hands (one on either side of your beginning stitch) Keeping your right hand still. twist your left hand downward till the Bottom side of the row is even with the top side of the row in your right hand. Now continue your stitches into the next stitch just like U would have anyway even though each stitch looks different....On the next round they will all look right and U will have your Mobius cowl turn out like it should. Hope that helps! Hugs, MaryBeth

9. Likes Val, MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH, thank you, that was my problem I couldn't figure out how to twist it.. For some reason I just could see in my mind how you twisted it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good way to do it, just remember, that's only a 90 degree twist (or half twist). For a full turn you need to keep going til you end up with both sides up right = 180 degree turn = 2 half twists in the finished project. (If it's to be on your shoulders, this really helps it stay in place. Otherwise it's your choice. How was that video? I have to check it out. It seems like they're doing the twist in such an odd way.