Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lighted Crochet hook - Any Info?

I am new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has tried to use the Lighted Crochet hooks that they are now selling?
    I have poor eye sight and would like to try them but wonder if they are any help.
    I appreciate any info that you can give me.
    Thanks,
    Calicat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Calicat, welcome to the forums! I haven't tryed them yet but am interested in the feed back..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! I have not tried them, but I know some time ago we had a couple of members talking about them and they loved them. I am not sure what brand, but I know there was discussion of it in the forums.

Glad you are here! Enjoy your time here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple and thus have tried...when a Micheal's was getting rid of some of their stock I got them for 99 cents ea...so I couldn't leave them behind. They are a bit bendy, so no hard crocheting, I have not broken mine....the light does help getting the hook into the stitch...it is like a light saver...it does have a hallow kinda glow after using it for a bit...I do like them.

5. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have trouble seeing at times. I LOVE MY CROCHET LITES!!!! They are easy to hold too! I have all of them.

7. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some of the lighted crochet hooks and I love them. At first they felt very odd, but after I started using them they are my hook of choice now. I have a lot of problems with arthritis in my right thumb and after I use the smaller hooks for a while my thumb hurts to the point that I have to put it aside for a while. But with the lighted hook having the thick handle I have found I can crochet much longer without the pain.

Most of the time I don't have the light on. A few times if I woke up early in the morning before my husband has I'll sit in my chair using it with the light on and he can sleep all he wants.

It works wonderful for the darker shades of yarn.

Judi G

9. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are great! Hobby lobby has them, joanns, also try michael's. If you do not have a store near by go on-line. The on-line site seem to have a larger selection of items then actually going to the stores. They are great with darker color yarns too!!

11. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH I am so glad some one asked I was wondering about these too. I was considering getting some just for working with black yarn as I have a difficult time seeing the stitches when crocheting in black
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

13. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep missing the online sale specials. I hope to find them soon for 3.99 + shipping. I think currently i' ve found then for 5.09 + shipping. I' ll keep looking.

15. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the entire set of the lighted hooks now, not for the lights as much as for the thickness and shape of the handles. As I mentioned before I have a lot of arthritis in my thumb and they really help. I find myself having more trouble holding on to the smaller ones at this point.

Judi G

17. Likes justplainjudy liked this post