Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone save wrapping Paper, Boxes and Bow

Does anyone save wrapping Paper , Boxes your Blouse came in,etc Plus Bows from one year to another.. I always have and it sure saves on money.. Is anyone cheap like me, any Box or Bow that my Mother wrapped her stuff in, I would get them back plus, she saved everything I wrapped them in and give them back to me,, And One Other sister did it with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, is that a real question? Doesn't everyone?? Oh my, I save everything you mentioned and more.

Post Thanks / Like
    You would be surprized at the people who doesn't, and yes that was a real Question.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm amazed. I have wrapping paper that is over 10 years old. Boxes that old as well. I don't throw any boxes away but sometimes my kids make me but I hold onto everything as long as I can. I guess I'm a little of a pack rat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a keeper of paper and bows. However, I am hanging onto some oatmeal containers and other miscelaneous (SP??) containers cos the family I get to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with play a really fun game both days( we go to wife's family one day and then hubby's side the other) where everybody brings a gift which can be a serious gift or a fun and silly one and I can NOT Wait!!! It is gonna be so much fun, I am so looking forward to Christmas this year more than any Christmas I have had in my life!!

6. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Landon, when you say things like that my heart breaks for your previous life. I didn't have a great childhood but yours puts me to shame. I was always loved and I had my brother and sisters and the best grandparents in the world. My Mother wasn't the best but she was never cruel or mean just thoughtless. I want you to know that you are loved and I wish I could hug the hurt out of you. hugs

8. Likes aporfirio, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, I hope your Christmas is everything you want it to be and more! I'm sending you hugs,too.

10. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Faye, that is the nicest thing anyone could say to me. I wish you could too. Ya know, it doesn't hurt like it has in previous years, and while I have spent so many years in so much turmoil, it is finally behind me. I don't shoulder Mothers and my sisters toxic poison inside me like I did for so many years of my life. To be able to actually say and FEEL excited about this Christmas does me a world of good and I am grateful for the talents I have because I have a very down to earth, fun and loving family to share them with. That family does me more good and healing than they could possibly imagine. I don't fear being around families anymore, because I know them and how loving they are with each other.

My friend, Debbie and her husband have 9 kids between them. 2 and a half of the youngest boys still live at home. The half kid is a 20 year old who has literally turned his life around. This time last year, Sam was in trouble with the law for felony theft, he was drinking, the poor kid was a mess. I remember how he looked at Thanksgiving last year, he had on ugly torn jeans, a couple of old tattered shirts. It broke me heart to see him presenting himself that way. He had to serve some jail time, luckily, one of their relatives managed to get him in a place in the jail where he wasn't around hardened criminals. He is not much taller than I am, he would have been sexually abused and his mom was about to lose her mind over this.
    He started at a Missouri College this Fall of 2012 and is studying Biomedical Engineering Technology and this young man is aceing ALL of his subjects! I got to see him briefly at Thanksgiving and he looked so handsome in a very nice pair of slacks, his shirt was tucked in and he looked--oh Faye, his was radiant! I was on my way to the door cos I didn't want to barf on anyone and on my way out, he told me that he had made a 103% on his math test. I can't wait to see him and be able to sit down and TALK to him! He parents are so proud of him, I am so grateful he did this, so proud of him!! I can't wait to tell him that, even if I cry my eyes out, I want to tell him that to his face, not only on his Facebook page!!

I am wanting to gift to Debbie's daughter's in laws a family bracelet to each and make the boys a cap of whatever colour they want. I hope I am not getting in over my head here, but I will break it down to something manageable for me. One of the girls is a future DIL and she is very excited over her bracelet I am glad to say, LOL Jewellery is very personal and I don't want to force anything on anybody who doesn't want it, so I am respecting their wants and I leave a door open for any of them to pass on my offers for the boys and the girls.

12. Likes amanda, Val, MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Lawanna!! That is so sweet of you to say to me!!

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon i hope you have a wonderful christmas! Yes i am a pac rat also. Hope everyone here has a great chrismas as well.

16. Likes Landon liked this post