Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Replacement Yarn

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received my replacement yarn from Red Heart for the scratchy Hunter Green Super Saver that I called them about.

I received 9 skeins of Evergreen in the With Love yarn. It is very nice and very soft. I think I will get some Buff and maybe a variegated shade to match if I can find one to go with it for another afghan.

I have got 22 afghans, 4 hat and scarf sets, and 18 single hats so far for my son to take to the Sandy survivors when he comes for the holidays. I am sure they will be appreciated and put to good use. My son told me there were 2000 displaced families and only 600 homes available at a military base that had been closed down, houses were re-opened for them. The rest are still living in tents in the winter......unbelievable.

Hope all are about ready for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Thant's great Judi! And thanks for the update on what your son has collected!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful Judi. You've been very busy!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! You have been busy!!! I feel selfish for making things for my family instead of others. I promise to do better in 2013. Good job Judi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for keeping us updated....happy to hear;

Post Thanks / Like
    Of the 22 afghans I made 13 and the others came from my crochet group, sorry I should have been clearer on that. They also gave 4 lap quilts. The hats and scarves are mine also. My son keeps saying "remember I only have so much room to take things back lol." I told him I can pack them up for him, no problem. The club said they have more hats and scarf sets on the way.

Yesterday I found out from my son that people are living in huge tents on cots, can you imagine living all together with people you don't even know like that, I sure can't. For some reason I though they were in individual family tents. I suppose they will stay warmer that way, but no privacy at all. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Today I am doing some Christmas cookies, have to hide them in the freezer so they will see Christmas.....lol.

Judi G