Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: FedEx vs. UPS

Post Thanks / Like

FedEx vs. UPS

I am SO upset w/ UPS! Way back in the summer, I had my daughter's stuff shipped via UPS and they treated her boxes like....cRaP....one was so bad that the driver was embarrassed to leave it w/ us...but I've been working w/ them and they have talked to me like I am stupid and that they did me a favour and that I should just be grateful...I jumped through their hoops in sending pictures and then some...

One box had my daughter's very finest of books etc...and I packed them w/ winter clothing....a crocheted snuggy, fluffy winter jackets etc...and the man at the store placed fragile on it...I payed extra insurance for that box...needless to say her stuff was damaged...and guess what those boogers told me? A Fragile sticker doesn't mean squat....that's right, your package will still go on the same conveyor belt as non fragile stuff and if it falls off...well, it falls off and if you bought the extra insurance that doesn't mean they will cover the value of what's in your boxes...that's right, extra payment doesn't mean anything to them...

So, I've been calling and waiting for at least one check to help cover a tiny bit of the damage, and they said, back in summer, that one check would be issued in 10 days...here we are in December and I got nothing! I asked to speak w/ the manager and he was like, we are so swamped cuz of the holiday's...so I told him, I understand, but I've been patient like you all asked, I've talked to everyone I could in the company and since I didn't use peanuts or bubble wrap it's too bad for me that my daughter's stuff got damaged! Now they let you pack your own stuff and say 'oh, that's fine' when you tell them what you packed it w/ as they accept your money but it was so obvious that they did the damage that they didn't even want to help me....

Needless to say venting has helped...them boogers have just lost my vote and business.

PS the check was sent but lost (I never received it)...I wonder who sent that...UPS?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been abused by some big companies I have done business with to only get treated like I was a lesser human being. So, this is what I did. I went to my state Attorney General's office and I filed a complaint. I have lost count of how many times I have filed complaints and ALL very resolved because some manager higher up contacted me and they fixed the problem. It is a free service all US states have, Attorney General Consumer Complaint Departments. They can't behave like attorneys for you, but for me, they have always gotten the job done.

3. Likes Maryjane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow just wow!! So sorry that they treated your daughters things like crap. And then treated you the same way!! Shows how much customer service has gone down hill! I would keep going up the ladder until they sort it out properly and do as Landon suggested because that is not right. I have stopped using services that treat people like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know this...I will contact them; thanks for the help and support ladies....

Post Thanks / Like
    UPS workers are so overworked and stretched to the max...I think this is part of the problem. When I talked to some people that have worked for them in the past...they did not feel appreciated by the company. I am by no means making excuses for them...last year (I think) they were in the news for one of their drivers throwing a box over the fence...it was a television that was damaged majorly of course.

Personally, FedEx is higher, but I think they are more professional throughout the system of getting your packages from one place to another. Sorry to hear about your experience...hope you get it resolved.

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry that you are having this problem. There is such ignorance in these people. They obviously do not know how to treat people with the decency they deserve. I think Landon's suggestion to use the Attorney General's office in your state is great. I hope you come to an acceptable resolution in this matter. Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that if employees are not helped by the company that they can be over stressed, but fragile doesn't mean fragile? Come on...and the box not being packed w/ bubble wrap, well say so BEFORE the package is accepted....