Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

giving away hats

ok, so we discussed giving away hats we make to oncology centers, and nothing much came of it, but I was off and running. I made 15 hats, then thought "well, Maybe the victims of Sandy could use hats to keep warm." but none of the charities either had any contact info or would accept any hats, so I called our small town hospital and lo and behold they have an oncology clinic once a week on Mondays and just by chance this Monday was the last Monday before next year's Monday clinic, so I took a box of them in, explained I do crochet for therapy for my hands and walked away, I saw the smiles on the faces of the nurses who were eager to check out my multi-colored hats. I had pink, white, blue, green, a purple with a red stripe, and lots more, even some for little kids and beanies for men.

YAY!
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

Post Thanks / Like
    How absolutely NICE! Good for you not giving up! Your story made my day....happy crocheting...

3. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a precious thing for you to do!!! Rock ON, Crochet Sister!!! [B][I][U]ROCK ON!![/U][/I][/B]

5. Likes tammyc77, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is great!!!!!

7. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    What a precious thing for you to do!!! Rock ON, Crochet Sister!!! ROCK ON!!
    oh, wait, I only wanted you all to see that you didn't need to wait for someone else to decide to whom to give them. I'm a firm believer in keeping charity close to home, you can go to your local hospital. I'm NO hero, just an ordinary old woman.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

9. Likes Landon, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that we the ordinary can be very powerful.

11. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought there was some places taking items for some of the things you were mentioning. I am very glad to hear that you found a great home for the hats you made! We are behind you 100% no matter what you decide to do. Sometimes there are so many things going on - it is not that you were ignored in the forums...glad to see you made some hearts happy!!

13. Likes Landon, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ignored? I don't know what you mean.
    Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! Good job! I give items we don't use such as blankets and things i crochet to our church, which the pastors wife is my sons bus driver. I crochet her and her family a lot of things. She gives some things to the homeless some to red cross and other needed people. It makes me feel better especialy since i was a very caring person and would help whenever and however i could now i don't feel that way but i try my best.

16. Likes Judi Gums, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thats awesome!

18. Likes amanda, tammyc77 liked this post