Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Favorite Treats

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Treats

What puts an "instant glow" on your face? Is it something good to eat? Something you see? Something you dream of/about? A special visit/visitor?

Share with us what do you consider your favorite treats?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Delivering custom handmade gifts to the recipient, that thrills and sends me to the moon each and every time whether it be food, custom jewellery or whatever, I derive more joy that I actually feel from that than anything I have done in my entire life.

3. Likes aporfirio, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This may sound corny,But........My husband does woodworking and has a good size shop here on our land and when he comes in the house from working on a project and calls my name, that really lights up my world! See, told you it was corny. Also love to give hand made gifts for no reason. Does me more good when I see the other persons face light up.Gave a hand decorated tote bag to my 97 yr old aunt , done mostly in red-her favorite color and she was thrilled. Gave her daughter a curly scarf I had made from Paton's Lace Yarn. They were so pleased. Blessed me more than them.This aunt still plays piano at her church every Sun. Amazing! 97 years old!
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 12-16-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: grammer mistake

5. Likes Anaisa, aporfirio, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ms. Magnolia Blossom, I think it is just precious that your hubby calls your name that way!! And I could not agree more, free gifting is the best Ever!! And if you get to gift them something you know they already LIKE, well, I don't think anything tops that.
    That is fantastic that your 97 year old Aunt still plays the piano every Sunday morning!! Go, Auntie, GO!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is probably nothing ya'll like but I love when we got to bed and Lovie is all over me kissing me and snuggling up to me. I look forward to this all day. During the day she isn't affectionate but when we go to bed I get the works!! Now if I had a husband that might be different. At least I hope it would. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL How sweet for little Lovie to do that to her mommie!! I can see where you would look forward to that all day long. That is darling!! Silly Bunny turd-eating little silly butt that she is, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 2 little dogs, a cha-winnie and a dashound (sp) and they do the same thing as yours Fay. Then they each have their favorite spot in bed and they settle down. But give us loving first. Love our dogs.

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa,How are you feeling? I hope you are free from pain now and you too, Faye. Try to sleep well tonight. Try your recliner if you have one. I have spent many a night in mine. Rested pretty good too. I tried some different OTC sinus med today and feel so much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    My instant glow is my only grand daughter, Madeline, 2 1/2. She's been around me her whole life. I was her day care till she turned two and they put her in a real day care. They must be learning who granparents are. She put both hands on my cheeks and said "Ma Ma Nere, you're my grandmother!!" She was very proud of herself.

13. Likes MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are just a few of my "instant glows":

Hearing good news about/from my family members, sharing time with family and friends,
    planning social events at home, decorating my home, inviting others to our home,
    big smiles, giving gifts to others, receiving "surprise" gifts,
    specialty coffees and hot chocolates, beautiful decorator pillows,
    and the unexpected Christmas caroling in the City yesterday

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!