Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: December Babies

Post Thanks / Like

December Babies

If you were born in December, do you receive birthday and Christmas gifts or do you receive combined gifts for your birthday and Christmas? This is a question I'm asked frequently since this is my birth month.

Please share your personal story or that of someone who was born in December.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately, I've always received gifts specifically for my birthday and Christmas. I was born 2 days before Christmas! My mama would still bake my birthday day cake as an adult and the family and I would celebrate together.

The only time I received a combined gift was for my 16th birthday. My parents bought me a beautiful white/gold trim French Provencial canopy bed bedroom suite. It was exactly what I wished for! A gift worthy of being a combined birthday/Christmas gift. I also received other gifts, but this was the Grandest gift of the year!

4. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My son was due Dec. 24th born Jan 3, I always have a un birthday in July, that got the kids all outside and got him toys/clothes from a different season. The immediate family had a small cake and a few gifts on the actual day.

6. Likes aporfirio, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My bday is Dec 21, and I guess I usually got a bday gift and Christmas gifts. However, I remember one bday that my parents gave me a short sleeved t-shirt, and I always felt cheated. I wasn't very old then. My best bday present ever came in 1964 when I was 24 and my beautiful daughter--my 1st child-- was born. There has been only one bday since then that I have made a cake--that was when she was 3. We've always had a bakery one. I was kind of bummed when I was to turn 70. My family had a surprise for me!!!! I am proud that my daughter and I have the same bday date!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My son was born on Dec 3. I never did any Christmas decorating until after his birthday. His day was always celebrated just like everyone else's with a cake, presents, and a special party. I have a brother in Colorado whose birthday is Dec 22 and I make sure to send him a birthday card to let him know that even though its busy, I'm still thinkng about him. I believe that your birthday is a special day and I always treat it as such. Also we always celebrate on the date, no matter what day of the week it is. Annette

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My older sister's bday is Dec 26th and she is a pretty weird duck and we blame that on her not having a bday. Her name was enough of a curse....Hilda Viola yuck!!!

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My second daughter was born on December 24th. Throughout her childhood we celebrated her birthday on December 1st. That way she always had her "special" birthday celebration the same as her older sister.

I was only 19 when she was born and in those days they wouldn't let small children in the hospital so my husband brought my older daughter, who was only 2½ years old, to the parking lot outside my window. The faster she waived, the harder I cried. That was her first "real" Christmas and I was stuck in the hospital!!!.....but what a beautiful child I had to bring home as my very own Christmas gift..

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I overheard my daughters whispering and making plans for my upcoming birthday! YAY!
    ~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my granddaughters was born in December also and I am sending her birthday gift this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    my twins were born on the 30th dec',they should have been march babies,we leave the dining room bare,no christmas decorations,so when its there birthday i decorate with birthday things and they get prezzies too

17. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post