Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting in the round

I still have trouble crocheting in the round. I know how to chain whatever number at the start of the round but have trouble figuring out where to put my next stitch. I sometimes end up with too many stitches or not enough and then the join seam is crooked. Anyone out there that can enlighten me? Would appreciate it.

2. Likes janie mae, Maryd. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, you need safety pins....you need to know right off the bat how many stitches you made....now as you increase, since you are having trouble you should do all your increase fairly early on....It just dawned on me...are you crocheting into a circle or into the stitches themselves, when you begin?

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i use a bobbie pin. and when doing my continuing round i do not chain up. i do not like the line forms when you chain up on a continuing round. also be sure to count your stitches in each row.

6. Likes Val, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I love to crochet in the round. But... I need to see the patteren. Its hard to second guess whats going on. Most of the rounds I do it says to slip stich for the next row. Now the hat Im haveing a problem with you just keep going around. Its not hard i just have to pay attention. Im so ADD that makes it hard. Its a christmas present so I have to stay on task. LOL Let me know if I can help. Just let me know the name of the patteren and i'll see. "K"
    Good stiching
    Billie

8. Likes amanda, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count-count-count!!! That is the only way I can get crocheting in the round to come out right! And a safety pin in the last stitch helps too! When you are not joining and chain 1 up, you seam will not be straight!!

10. Likes amanda, Anaisa, janie mae, aporfirio liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with Maryjane. You must count those stitches crefully, increase where it is called for, & mark the beginning of your round with a safety pin. Expensive markers aren't always necessary. You absolutely must keep count. No other way for it to work out right. If you get stuck, let some of us know.
    Hugs, Jane

12. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a different color piece of yarn to mark the first stitch and I just move it up every row. You must check to see that you have the correct number of stitchs on every round. COUNT, COUNT I know it is boring but you'll mess up if you don't. Good luck and ask if you need more help.

14. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with Twinfaye-counting is a MUST AND USE A DIFFERENT COLOR YARN FOR A MARKER MOVE IT UP EACH ROW GOOD LUCK I LIKE CROCHETING IN THE ROUND JENNLEE

16. Likes janie mae, aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm into counting as well... I count over and over again. I'm paranoid.

18. Likes Val, janie mae, aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree counting is very important, i use old yarn to mark where i first ended. Definately not the same color you are using. To me using the store markers and what not tear or snag my project. I have had problems with some patterns that want you to join or slip stitch at end of every round. I personally don't like how it makes my project look so i don't join after the second round and just do continuous rounds. That is just what i do. I'm sure everyone else will be less confussing and help you more. Good luck!

20. Likes janie mae, aporfirio, Maryd. liked this post