Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What was your favorite Christmas present of all time??

We only got one thing at Christmas from Mama. One year my Uncle Billy and Aunt Juanita were at my maternal grandmother's house and we (twin) got a Mrs Revlon doll and we freaked out! Mama gave us clothes and some years we got a doll but we had never had a name brand doll. I kept mine and Kaye's got lost but I still have mine and I think about that magical moment when we opened that present. That was the year that we caught the grown ups bringing in the Santa presents. We crept down the stairs and peeked out the door. Still a memory that I love. I'm going to go out to the shed and post a picture of her, later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was a cabbage patch doll my aunt sent me from Germany( where she lived at the time.)... My fav three Christmases were my boys firsts and just the sheep fun I watching them trying to open all the gifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you're making me think Faye and it's too early in the morning for that!! Anyway-I think the best present I got as a child was a camera-because none of my 3 sisters had one! And they were sooo jealous!! It was one of those Brownie cameras! I don't have the camera anymore but I do have pictures I took with the camera!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My most wonderful best Christmas present of all was when my son came home from Iraq. The Army National Guard was one of the first being sent over. Was the worst year of my life, I think I cried everyday. One day in the mail I received a cassette tape, I couldn't wait to hear his voice. I put it in the cassette player an laughed (he's a real comedian) an cried at the same time. There was a knock at the door an I saw a man standing there, the first thought that went through my head was, "plese God, don't let these be the last words I hear from my son". My God was with me that day, because standing there was a florist with a huge bouquet of flowers for my birthday from my son in Iraq!!! I was shaking so bad I could hardly stand, crying like a big baby an so very grateful to God for keeping my baby boy safe. I have 3 sons, David is my baby. I an very blessed.

Post Thanks / Like
    -My walking doll @ 5 years old (she was nearly as tall as me)-I still have her!(parents)
    -beautiful bike from my maternal grandparents @ 10 years old
    -A tape recorder @ 12 years old, my fondest memory was recording my maternal granddaddy recalling old times.(parents)
    - from my hubby, many precious, thoughtful gifts (tears were flowing)
    -from my children, many gifts that have also brought me to tears

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

6. Likes aporfirio, GrammaJoe, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The year I received a tiny yellow bathtub duckie. With a card that read Merry Christmas Grandma and Grandpa! I kept that on the bathtub awaiting Nicolas's birth in June.

Post Thanks / Like
    my piano from my mom-reason I became a music/piano teacher.

9. Likes aporfirio, Butterflyrose, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another of my favorites: Oh, this birthday/Christmas gift @ 16 was just what I wanted. A white French Provencial canopy bed bedroom suite!(from parents)! It was so special and the only time that I received a combo gift. It later became our first daughter's bedroom suite.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

11. Likes aporfirio, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Age 4,1961 a cowgirl outfit with a hat, red and white with fringe. I prayed for a horse but we lived in Oklahoma City a gift from my grandparents that I lived with, my grandpa's last Christmas with us, the next July the three of us were in a car wreck and he was killed.

13. Likes aporfirio, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a Tony doll one year- I think I was 10- and she came with some solution to give her perms. There was a home perm called Tony on the market then.When I had used up all the solution Momma made me some more out of sugar and water. Worked just as well. I gave her a lot of perms. Problem was her hair wouldn't dry! We didn't have hair dryers of any kind except in the beauty shops. Another time all I wanted was cars and trucks. Go figure. I got them. I had wonderful parents.

15. Likes aporfirio, Butterflyrose liked this post