Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: What a bummer!

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer!

I had a craft show today, should have styed home, I barely broke even. The high point of the show was French Onion Soup they sold for lunch, homemade and fantastic. I managed to get the recipe too! Actually I did better at my Bible study Christmas party. I crocheted a 12 piece Nativity set. Mary and Joseph stand about 8-9" tall. Anyway I got orders for 3 more for next Christmas! As for the show today, none of the vendors did very well. It was the 1st one run by the BoyScouts so maybe next year will be better. I'm still new to doing shows and still learning what people want, and what they're willing to pay for it. I have a variety of items, but today no one seemed to be buying anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, but you have the right attitude....keep crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's any conselation I didn't do too well at my Craft Fair today either! But I didn't have a booth fee so what I did make was profit! It is very hard knowing what people want!!! I hope you enjoy doing it-I know I do!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like some craft shows just go like that. Don't get discouraged. Keep trying. Maybe getting started takes time and aT least you are getting your name and what you do out there. Maybe get some free business cards made. Then when people want to reach you later.....

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do enjoy crocheting, and would do it regardless, just would be nice to get paid for doing what I like. I have found if I am crocheting, I'm more relaxed, plus there is the added benefit that I cant snack while crocheting so its much easier to keep off the 85+ pounds that I have managed to lose. H'mmm, improving physical and mental health doing something I love to do, cant ask for more than that!

6. Likes BarbySue liked this post