Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Old Fingers that don't work well

Back again. Trying to get Christmas Presents done. Question: My fingers are so sore and I can't hold my crochet or knitter yarn like I used too. I used to wrap yarn around my little finger, hold through my hand and up over my 1st finger. Any other ways that would work for me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not sure if this will help, but have you thought about trying to wear gloves with the finger tips out of them? I hope that you make it through your Christmas list of crochet items to get done!

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried crocheting the Continental way? You can check out tutorials and videos on how to do that. It is a little easier on the hands. When I was very little my mother (who was European) taught me to crochet. I wrap the yarn around my left index finger. There is less bending and twisting of the fingers crocheting this way versus the American way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it would help you any or not, but, after I wrap the yarn over my index finger, I wrap it around back of my ring on my ring finger instead of the little finger. Hope you can find a solution - I dread the time when I can't crochet any more!

6. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a little yarn guide that is put on your finger...I've seen it in many catalogues. Good luck!

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good health

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are crochet fingers savers on Pinterest that the yarn runs through that may be handy for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. I didn't know about the continental way to crochet. I knit that way and love it. I will look up the crochet way to do it. I am getting things done slow but sure. I can't do as much as I used to do. One year I decided in October that I was going to make everyone socks. I made 18 pairs of socks by Christmas. That was about the craziest thing I ever done, I think............or so my Dr told me. I now have 2 new shoulders . Oh well, I loved doing it, and you never know what may pop in my head next, ..........or so my family tells me. I also have an Etsy shop Nanna's Sewing Room where I have all my fabric and lace and one never knows what will show up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you find a way that is easy for you. God Bless!