Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Elain Stamper

Post Thanks / Like

Elain Stamper

Hi, my name is Elain and I am no longer a teacher but I am looking forward to my first grandchild. I crocheted years ago but nothing more than popcorn baby blankets and I have forgotten how to do those now. Praise the Lord for the internet! I did a baby blanket called "easy peasy" baby blanket and now I'd like to do more. My daughter-in-law will be an "older" new mom (36) and she is extremely cautious. That's not really bad even though I think she will change, but I'd love to hear if any of you may have heard that a crocheted baby blanket could be hazardoust to the baby. From what I understand they may breathe in the fibers. I know we must be careful with blankets around babies, but this is new to me and a little depressing. I want to make more for my daughter who is trying to have a baby too.

Post Thanks / Like
    These kids now get on my nerves. How did we ever get kids to grown ups without restricting ever little thing. My granddaughter got a list of foods she couldn't eat that was too long to list. No fish and so many things that we all ate and didn't even consider could be bad for you. I haven't heard about the fibers thing and I had a new grand in July and a great nephew in July as well and they allowed me to make them quilts. There comes a time when it becomes ridiculous. Sorry, this has bugged me more than I realzed. Every thing is made with fibers so I don't know how it could be harmful. UGH!!!!

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get the words out...sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elain, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Elain! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa addicted to doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Elaine - welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! I don't think that crochet blankets should be any more "dangerous" than other baby blankets. If you are using baby yarn, I think that it is definitely created with babies in mind by the company in the way of safety. Here are some statistics although there are other alternative to use the blanket for - when they go out, during tummy time, as well as when they are over 1 year old in the crib.

Dangerous Baby Products | Baby Safety - Consumer Reports

Can you put a blanket in your baby

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about going with cotton yarn? It's all natural.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. It is so nice to meet you. I so agree that this is rediculous but I thought maybe I just missed something. Larisa, I love your doilies but I don't think I could ever do one! Barbara, I'm going to look those places up right away. Thanks all. Nice to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Elain! Filet doilies are easy to make - only simple stitches

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elain and welcome! So glad you decided to join us!