Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Senior 66 has a Crochet Question

[COLOR=purple]This is her Question:[/COLOR]

I am talking about crocheting a ripple blanket. I need to know how to keep the points lined up and keep the same number of stitches on each end.

[COLOR=purple]I am just posting this for her.[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon/Senior66- Have made many ripple blankets.The "secret" is to be very careful of your stitch count-especially the first 5 to 10 rows. After that any mistakes will show up quickly and can be taken care of. Don't get scared off - ripples are easier than they look! Let me know how it is going.imalefty

3. Likes Barbara G., amanda, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morninig, COUNT COUNT COUNT Then count somemore. A ripple or zig-zag is easier than any other for me cuz' you only count "up and down".
    Good stiching
    Billie

5. Likes amanda, Tia Rene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I learned how to crochet with a ripple and it was pretty easy for me to get along with as a beginning project. The key is to watch your counting! We will look forward to seeing some pics if you would like to share with us!

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i know you don't want to hear this but........ count all the stitchs and when you get confident that you have the pattern down and don't need to watch it so closely STOP you will mess up and have to frog it back to the right count. Not that I have ever done this. lol

9. Likes GramaKate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just starting the blanket my sef. To break the pattern down to a manageabe count. I go, 9 sc, 3 dc in next stitch 9 dc skip 2....then i start over...there is 8 vees if i remember right. Dont forget to read her directions on turning..they are very important, if not followed as she says your vees wont line up...have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, of course that is what you do...I am doing the chainless foundation and that is how i am keeping count. Of my first row..think i will get some sleep...please put me on ignore...except for the turning chain...very important

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought she was requesting help with knitting a ripple afghan..I might be mistaken..

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry..I seen on second page she said crochet..

Post Thanks / Like
    To keep the points lined up, be sure you do the same number of stitches up and down on either side of the point. As far as the ends are concerned, always do the same number on each side and, as an added help, instead of working in the back loop as you would in the middle of the afghan, work in both loops in the last two on each end - that keeps the sides flat. Good luck!

15. Likes Lissacc liked this post